Home

Relocation questions

This is a discussion on Relocation questions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10
Icon5 Relocation questions

I'm getting the game Thursday and I have questions about relocation.
1: If I move the Jets to Toronto or London(I want to make a international team) will they remain in the AFC East?
2: Can I move any team?
3: How long does moving a team take?
4: Does anyone have a team name list?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Relocation questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
1: If I move the Jets to Toronto or London(I want to make a international team) will they remain in the AFC East? Yes
2: Can I move any team? Yes
3: How long does moving a team take? One season
4: Does anyone have a team name list?
There's a thread somewhere that tells you all team names. Toronto has the Huskies but I'm not sure about the rest. London has the Black Knights, Bulldogs and Monarchs. Dublin has the Shamrocks, Celtic Tigers and Derby's.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10
Icon6 Re: Relocation questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
There's a thread somewhere that tells you all team names. Toronto has the Huskies but I'm not sure about the rest. London has the Black Knights, Bulldogs and Monarchs. Dublin has the Shamrocks, Celtic Tigers and Derby's.
Cool. I found the link to the team names. I think I'm going to go with LA Aftershock or London Jets, since I don't like any of the London names.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
Rookie

SHSMoss30's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
1: If I move the Jets to Toronto or London(I want to make a international team) will they remain in the AFC East?
Yes, divisions do not change despite relocation.

2: Can I move any team?
There are certain settings that determine relocation. I haven't tinkered with them much. I started my Panthers CCM with "Everyone" selected and I was able to move in the first season.

3: How long does moving a team take?
Relocation takes one year. Once you choose to relocate you are given some choices about your relocation which are presented over several weeks. You are updated on the status of the construcation of your new stadium throughout the season in the news feed.

Also, I don't know if this will be a dealbreaker for you relocating the Jets and keeping the name "Jets" or not, and it may not even apply, but if the Jets have "New York" in their endzones in NY then that will also be in the endzones wherever you relocate to. And obviously, they will still have "NY" in their logo.

Last edited by SHSMoss30; 08-27-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:06 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHSMoss30
Also, I don't know if this will be a dealbreaker for you relocating the Jets and keeping the name "Jets" or not, and it may not even apply, but if the Jets have "New York" in their endzones in NY then that will also be in the endzones wherever you relocate to. And obviously, they will still have "NY" in their logo.
Thankfully the Jets have "JETS" in their endzone so moving them to any city would not effect the endzone look. I am very interested in moving the Jets to New York City and out of Jersey. There the Giants and Jets will have their own stadiums in the metropolitan area. I am wondering what effect that would have on commentary during the games.

Question: When relocating, can you keep the same uniforms and logo?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes you can choose to keep the same logo an uniforms. So you could be the Brooklyn Jets still.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #7
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

To be able to move any team you have to choose "Everyone" under relocation settings when starting your CCM otherwise only the bum teams can move. Like the Raiders,Bills,Jags and Browns. Might've been one more. If your team becomes a bum team then they can move. The Jets are an awful team roster wise but I believe they're successful in game wise so you'd have to set it to everyone.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #8
Banned

assclown25's Arena

OVR: 7

So I did what you stated and used EVERYONE as teams to rebuild/relocate as I wanted to move Bills to Toronto and Build new stadiums for Oakland and St. Louis. My question is when can you do this cause I tried doing it before doing anything else and it was ALL locked. So my question is at what point can I move/create stadium for these teams? Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »