Home

For the people who cant stop the run

This is a discussion on For the people who cant stop the run within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
For the people who cant stop the run

the beauty in this age of video games is the ability to tune the sliders....so for those who are having issues with the run calling it overpowering and more just find a slider set that works for you that problem wont fix...i had the same issue played around with a few sliders having the time of my life now good running teams can still run but if i blitz or play the run right i can stop it. SO quit all the belly aching and fix your problem also works for other issues in the games. if you knew this already and your still having issues your not doing it right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: For the people who cant stop the run

most of the people complaining about the run game, including me, are complaining about the cpu controlled teams not being able to stop the run game, not the user.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
most of the people complaining about the run game, including me, are complaining about the cpu controlled teams not being able to stop the run game, not the user.
Maybe Im not as good as some of you are but Ive toned the sliders so I don't have a problem with this. In any given game I have vs CPU, our starting RBs will get anywhere from 65-120 yards on 15-30 carries depending on the backs and the defense they are playing, as well as the score/game situation.

IMO if you are STILL having issues after adjusting the sliders with the CPU not being able to stop your run game then I think personally you may just be too advanced for a human vs CPU game where the CPU actually stands a chance.

Stick with human opponents if you want any chance to satisfy your hunger for a virtual football game.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would agree with you, except for the fact previous Madden's could be made to provide a challenge. This one can't even bring me Gatorade, let alone play on the same virtual field as me.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: For the people who cant stop the run

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k198003
the beauty in this age of video games is the ability to tune the sliders....so for those who are having issues with the run calling it overpowering and more just find a slider set that works for you that problem wont fix...i had the same issue played around with a few sliders having the time of my life now good running teams can still run but if i blitz or play the run right i can stop it. SO quit all the belly aching and fix your problem also works for other issues in the games. if you knew this already and your still having issues your not doing it right.

This would've been great to put into the thread that your basically reply to instead of making a new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril

Of course, as tril points out, your off the mark anyways as to what most people see the problem to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

With a few restrictions being placed on yourself when calling running plays the CPU still plays pretty good defense as long as you're using good sliders.

The no zig-zagging rule helps out a lot to give the CPU a better chance. Also limit your calling of run plays out of any unbalanced formation since the CPU doesn't adjust accordingly to them. Still nothing you can do about the insane amount of forward progress RB's get on most carries though

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 09-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
With a few restrictions being placed on yourself when calling running plays the CPU still plays pretty good defense as long as you're using good sliders.

The no zig-zagging rule helps out a lot to give the CPU a better chance. Also limit your calling of run plays out of any unbalanced formation since the CPU doesn't adjust accordingly to them. Still nothing you can do about the insane amount of forward progress RB's get on most carries though
So, you're saying that I should let the defense tackle me? That's the big secret? Makes sense. Hey, if the run game it too hard, just let the defenders tackle you, duh!!!

In all seriousness, what people like you fail to realize is that in the past, you didnt have to let the CPU play the game for you. You used to be able toget the defense to put up a decent fight. Now, if it was just a few broken plays, like the read option, then yeah, don't call them. The problem is, EVERY running play is a 5 yard gain...........
Old 09-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #8
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGkaos
So, you're saying that I should let the defense tackle me? That's the big secret? Makes sense. Hey, if the run game it too hard, just let the defenders tackle you, duh!!!

In all seriousness, what people like you fail to realize is that in the past, you didnt have to let the CPU play the game for you. You used to be able toget the defense to put up a decent fight. Now, if it was just a few broken plays, like the read option, then yeah, don't call them. The problem is, EVERY running play is a 5 hard gain...........
Every running play isn't a 5 yard gain against the CPU. You're exaggerating entirely too much or need to adjust the settings. Quit cheezing the CPU and they play better.

And I've never played a game of Madden where the CPU adjusted to my unbalanced formations. They've been money running plays for as long as I remember

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »