Home

I wish there was an option to not have cut scenes...

This is a discussion on I wish there was an option to not have cut scenes... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
glp
Rookie

OVR: 1
I wish there was an option to not have cut scenes...

...at one point I raised my sliders to add more penalties since I wasn't getting any...now I've turned those sliders way back down, because I can't stand the amount of time and the goofy cut scenes during one.

Also an instant replay after nearly every play. And then I start hammering the "X" button to get thru it and quite freaquently wind up accidently confirming some play that I don't even know what it is until I check it out at the line.

Having said that....I still love this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Matthew25x's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I wish there was an option to not have cut scenes...

I agree. I actually think all that auto-replay nonsense is somehow part of the offline franchise freezing issue. Most of the freezing seems to occur between plays, such as during the replay, rather than during the actual play itself. I'm not saying that is the case with everybody, but it does seem like its connected.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #3
Rookie

Yup. The amount of time waiting for the terribly animated cut scenes to finish is ridiculous. Everything in this game that happens outside of gameplay looks like PS1 quality. I love the players drinking gatorate... into their neck.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #4
glp
Rookie

Ha....and ya know....every once in a while...the refs discussing a penalty is kind of suspenseful at a key moment of the game....except for one thing. The coach attempting to throw his player into the stands kind of gives it away who it's against.

The best replays ever was the last year of the 2K series. It would use a broadcasting camera angle and you could see the play develop and the guy catch it and run....I've never understood the EA facination of the close up a guys face or butt as he's running down the field taking up the whole screen with his cartoonish body moments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »