Home

Realistic Salaries

This is a discussion on Realistic Salaries within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2014, 11:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Realistic Salaries

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to play a very sim offline CFM, and I wanted to know what some of you guys do to make a much more realistic salary for the players. For example, I just had Gio Bernard asking me for 8million over 4 years which seems like a pretty obvious steal.

What should I make his salary to more accurately reflect what a top 10 RB should earn? Moreover, how can I figure this out for my other positions?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #2
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Realistic Salaries

http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 04-11-2014, 02:46 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Realistic Salaries

Ehhh at this point running backs make about the same as a kicker so no, that is not a steal
Old 04-11-2014, 03:39 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
Thank you so much! This will be perfect!
Old 04-11-2014, 09:32 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by josefrees
Ehhh at this point running backs make about the same as a kicker so no, that is not a steal
Lower-tier RBs make around the same as the HIGHEST tier of kickers. MJD is coming off an injury and has a lot of tread on his tires, while also getting up there in age.

MJD in his prime, Ray Rice during his last payday, Arian Foster, Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles, these guys all got paid nicely. Age has a lot to do with it as well.

Toby Gerhart and Donald Brown are hardly the caliber of RBs to set the tone of the market. They're drivel.

He implied that Gio had been performing during his rookie contract like a top-10 RB.

Also, a reference I have used is the player contracts, most of which can be found on their player profiles on Rotoworld (you have to click the little word 'Contract details' near the player name).

Last edited by Robrain; 04-11-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2014, 02:08 AM   #6
Rookie

Here is an interesting article

http://overthecap.com/de-valuation-nfl-running-back/
Old 04-12-2014, 03:57 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by josefrees
"The full list of runners that I am using are Reece, Donald Brown, Toby Gerhart, Sproles, Tate, Joique Bell, Moreno, Rashad Jennings, Pierre Thomas, Bruce Miller, and McFadden."

There's not one true, proven feature back who doesn't have recent injury issues in that list. That's the reason none are breaking the bank.

Reece is a FB.

"God damnit Donald" sucked the majority of his rookie contract with the Colts.

Toby Gerhart was buried behind AP and has hardly touched the ball because if that.

Sproles, while talented, is like 30 and a complementary RB. He's primarily a pass catcher.

Ben Tate is a massive injury concern, he gets injured almost as soon as Foster goes down. I think he ended the last two seasons on IR, so his new contract was specifically worded to include lots of playing time incentives, money that he'll only make if he manages to stay healthy.

I think Joique Bell wanted to resign with the Lions and may have taken a slight hometown discount, though he's also nothing more than a recent revelation. He doesn't have a very long resume, being a former security guard for Lions stadium.

Rashad Jennings suffered an injury when attempting to fill in for MJD, ended the season on IR. Showed well with the Raiders, though it's helpful to remember that running QBs (Terrelle Pryor) typically increase the yards-per-carry of their RBs. Still, he's been injured and has had less than a full season of success.

Pierre Thomas is nearing 30 and has been stuck in a three-way timeshare in New Orleans the past several years.

Bruce Miller is a FB.

McFadden is the poster boy for injury-prone RBs. I'm not positive he's even appeared in 16 TOTAL games in his career so far.

None of these guys are healthy feature backs, so they naturally aren't getting paid like one.

A healthy MJD signed a 5-year $30.95 million contract extension in 2009. That's just over $6 million per season.

Ray Rice signed a 5-year $40 million contract extension in 2012.

Arian Foster signed a 5-year deal for $43.5 million in 2012.

Adrian Peterson signed a 7-year deal for $100 million in 2011. That deal paid out $40 million over the first three years.

These deals don't happen every year, because that kind of track record for RBs doesn't happen every year. This is one of the dud years, because no stellar RBs reached free agency.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:17 PM   #8
Rookie

We'll see in the upcoming years. If this is just a temporary devaluation it will be obvious. I wouldn't mention those Ray Rice or Arian foster deals though. Both are going to be renegotiated after this upcoming year and a huge paycut is on the horizon unless their production is higher than ever. Even ADP is probably going to have to renegotiate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »