Home

Official M25 Trade Thread

This is a discussion on Official M25 Trade Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
Rookie

Hokie200proof's Arena

OVR: 4
Official M25 Trade Thread

I did a forum search and a search through the Q&A thread and I didn't really see too much there regarding trades in Madden 25. Anyone made any big deals recently?

Or would care to update how the trade logic/AI seems to be working this year? Are teams prioritizing draft picks differently (used to be the case in Head Coach back in the day) or players over draft picks? Any particular position overvalued or undervalued (like trading a kicker for a > 4th round pick)?

I've got a ton of moves I want to make when I begin my CFM tonight, so any experiences or insights you can provide would be welcome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Official M25 Trade Thread

I love these threads. The only move I've made so far is in my CCM with the Jets I traded Chris Ivory and a 2nd Rounder for Stedman Bailey of the Rams. I originally tried to trade the players straight up but it wouldn't work. I probably could have gotten him for a lesser draft pick but I didn't try.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
Rookie

Hokie200proof's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy184
I love these threads. The only move I've made so far is in my CCM with the Jets I traded Chris Ivory and a 2nd Rounder for Stedman Bailey of the Rams. I originally tried to trade the players straight up but it wouldn't work. I probably could have gotten him for a lesser draft pick but I didn't try.
How was the trading interface? Was it the same color-coded deal from Madden 13 (looked like it on one LP I saw), or does it give more information when you're making an offer?

Did you do it preseason, off-season, during season?
Old 08-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I traded Mario Williams and a 5th rounder for Kamerion Wimbley (90 ovr).

I was very happy to get rid of Mario's big contract and get a better player.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy184
Kind of surprised the Rams made that trade. I mean they have Richardson, Pead, and Zac Stacy as running backs, So i guess they took that deal for the 2nd round pick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 03:19 PM   #6
Rookie

Hokie200proof's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly0981
Kind of surprised the Rams made that trade. I mean they have Richardson, Pead, and Zac Stacy as running backs, So i guess they took that deal for the 2nd round pick.
From the VERY limited LP footage I've seen, the CPU puts a high value on picks, more so than players. Is that everyone's experience?

If so, it might be tough to accumulate a lot of picks as might have been able to (or exploit) in the past. Which is both good and bad I think. I still play Head Coach '09 a lot and I would trade down a lot during the draft, or ditch a guy in his last year in his contract, picking up picks upon picks until I had something like 8-9 2nd rounders and even more 3rds, 4ths and 5ths. It was easy to amass a lot of picks by moving down in the draft, so if the CPU is more stingy with their picks, good...

But if the CPU is overvaluing picks (say 1st rounders are always >>> players rated 85 and below), it might be easy to sell your draft and build a team of superstars really fast.

I'm hoping it's varied from team to team, but I'm sure there are some universal trends in the draft logic that I'll want to know before heading into any big deals.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:09 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie200proof
From the VERY limited LP footage I've seen, the CPU puts a high value on picks, more so than players. Is that everyone's experience?

If so, it might be tough to accumulate a lot of picks as might have been able to (or exploit) in the past. Which is both good and bad I think. I still play Head Coach '09 a lot and I would trade down a lot during the draft, or ditch a guy in his last year in his contract, picking up picks upon picks until I had something like 8-9 2nd rounders and even more 3rds, 4ths and 5ths. It was easy to amass a lot of picks by moving down in the draft, so if the CPU is more stingy with their picks, good...

But if the CPU is overvaluing picks (say 1st rounders are always >>> players rated 85 and below), it might be easy to sell your draft and build a team of superstars really fast.

I'm hoping it's varied from team to team, but I'm sure there are some universal trends in the draft logic that I'll want to know before heading into any big deals.
I've noticed as I've scouted that this year the drafts seem to be top heavy. There seems to be less of a chance of you getting an exceptionally good player now in the 5th round. It also seems like most 1st rounders have atleast a B grade.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #8
Rookie

troy184's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie200proof
How was the trading interface? Was it the same color-coded deal from Madden 13 (looked like it on one LP I saw), or does it give more information when you're making an offer?

Did you do it preseason, off-season, during season?

I did it in the preseason and the color codes are all listed as in red, yellow, and green. A submitted trade that is approved goes through right away without the query to ask you if you are absolutely sure you want to make the trade.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »