Home

Frustrating experience playing Defense

This is a discussion on Frustrating experience playing Defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
Banned

Nabz's Arena

OVR: 2
Frustrating experience playing Defense

I'm not sure why but it's probably cause of the upgraded 2nd year of the physics engine. But in Madden 13 playing defense was fun I usually play as one of the DT's and try to get the sack but if the QB throws it I switch to the CB to get an INT or i switch to an LB for a tackle if the ball is caught.

In Madden 25 I'm not sure why, but 1) When ever the ball is caught and I switch to a nearby defender he never moves fast enough to get near for the tackle or if he does he goes by too fast completely missing the player with the ball. And as for when then ball is thrown when I switch to CB and I press triangle to maybe get an INT sometimes the player doesnt even do anything and sometimes he's so slow.

Does anyone have any recommended sliders that this issue is fixed? Or am I the only one who experiences this. It actually really ruins the experience from playing the game because it's not bad I actually enjoy the game.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Frustrating experience playing Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabz
I'm not sure why but it's probably cause of the upgraded 2nd year of the physics engine. But in Madden 13 playing defense was fun I usually play as one of the DT's and try to get the sack but if the QB throws it I switch to the CB to get an INT or i switch to an LB for a tackle if the ball is caught.

In Madden 25 I'm not sure why, but 1) When ever the ball is caught and I switch to a nearby defender he never moves fast enough to get near for the tackle or if he does he goes by too fast completely missing the player with the ball. And as for when then ball is thrown when I switch to CB and I press triangle to maybe get an INT sometimes the player doesnt even do anything and sometimes he's so slow.

Does anyone have any recommended sliders that this issue is fixed? Or am I the only one who experiences this. It actually really ruins the experience from playing the game because it's not bad I actually enjoy the game.

Thanks.
I have the same problem I suck at playing madden 25. I haven't found any good sliders yet.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarichi
I have the same problem I suck at playing madden 25. I haven't found any good sliders yet.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...5-sliders.html

Check out these.

As far as the defense goes. Hold triangle when the ball is int he air, don't just press it. When coming into make a tackle, hold L2 to help get you into position. Once close, really close, hold X to assit you with heatseeking tackle. Don't use the turbo.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 11-03-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
Banned

Nabz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...5-sliders.html

Check out these.

As far as the defense goes. Hold triangle when the ball is int he air, don't just press it. When coming into make a tackle, hold L2 to help get you into position. Once close, really close, hold X to assit you with heatseeking tackle. Don't use the turbo.
Thanks, I'll try em out when I get the time.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:05 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would say if your good at switching and usering than turn off the heatseeker and switch assist. They are horrible features designed to help people who cant user and or switch players but in reality they dont even work and make your guys do strange things. As soon as I turned them off I was able to user again and make plays like I have for years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
Just started!

Cheap jersey and very nice quality NFL Jersey just need $18.99
Order 10 pcs jerseys we provide free shipping.
Drenched Limited Version Jerseys Available Now
NFL Nlike Drift Fashion II Elite Jersey in Stock
Share our site on Facebook you can get the 5% discount code!~
We also have the customized jersey service and you can have the jersey stitched on you name and your number!
Enjoy the best online shipping experience
www dot efeelsports dot com
Old 11-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #7
Rookie

"www.BBestMall.com"the best online jersey shop for NBA/NFL/NHL/MLB
Only USD18.99/pc up for authentic jerseys!!
Come to visit this website "www.bbestmall.com" to find what you like
Before Nov 30th you can even find some special prices as low as USD15.99/pc
All from here:http://www.bbestmall.com/show_sclass...ryId=1&sid=234

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »