Home

"Precision Control Modifier"

This is a discussion on "Precision Control Modifier" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
"Precision Control Modifier"

What do you guys think of the "precision control modifier" or whatever it's called.

It seems kind of gimmicky, other than it adds "extra" controls for doing things like jumping over your OL or hurdling over a defender.

It also adds the "studder step" but it seems like more often then not I will accidentally do this after making a move and get caught instead of going the distancce

I've tried to use it since EA said something about your moves work better if you do, which I assume means the regular right stick moves do not work as well as they would otherwise.

If you start holding LT do you have the hold it the entire run? Or can only let go when you're in the clear and have been holding it for a while?

Too often I start holding it, make a move and then let go and try to sprint and the guy just stops and gets tackled.

It also seems like if you''re not running straight north south and you start pressing it and try to do a juke instead of juking the player just changes direction which works sometimes but othertimes gets you blown up.

I guess part of the confusion comes from trying to manipulate the two triggers while moving the left stick, while moving the right stick/pressing buttons, while covering the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #2
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: "Precision Control Modifier"

I only use for the truck move. In the open field I either stiff arm, single juke, double juke, or juke spin with all of the juke moves being R stick only and no LT modifier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 02-04-2014, 03:56 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: "Precision Control Modifier"

Interesting you say that because the last thing I wrote and then deleted was that it seems to work for me for using a power back like Adrian Peterson and Legarette Blount to bowl multiple people over in a straight line, and a lot of times it leads to falling down even with trying to correct with the RS.

Also it seems I don't use the spin at all this year because I've using the left trigger, and a lot of times it doesn't work, it needs to be angled just right and the guy fakes one way and spins back the other.

Maybe I'll try only using the left trigger for trucking which I've been succesful with, and use the normal controls for the other moves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »