Home

Old 11-07-2013, 01:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
stoping the pass?

im in week 10 of my ccm and and im dead last in defence giving up like 3k+ yards passing the run i can stop no problem but i try to play defences that fit my guys like browner and sherman buy playing man to man with shermen and browner in zones and thomas and kam both deep in zones some times man depends on how many WRs are on the field and lbs staying in middle zones with bruce blizing 80% of the time or drop in the flats. im getting beat all over the field if the cpu throws to the middle of the field they get atleast 10-15 yards each and on the outsides 15- 40 yards a play everytime matt ryan detroyed me going for 30 -33 with 540 passing and they ran 12 times with jackson an got 16 yards i need help badly thanks. that was just in week 9 week 7 rams did the same thing all passing and detoryed me

Last edited by MarshawnLynch; 11-08-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2013, 02:04 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: stoping the pass?

You should be in man coverage almost all the time, with either one or both safeties deep. Mix in blitzing, but ya. Hawks are meant to play man on man

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2013, 02:16 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounder003
You should be in man coverage almost all the time, with either one or both safeties deep. Mix in blitzing, but ya. Hawks are meant to play man on man

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk
i played man to man the whole 1st half and got detroyed 2nd half went to zone blizes and it some what helped but once i leave nickle or 4-3 they kill me left an right

Last edited by MarshawnLynch; 11-07-2013 at 02:20 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
Just started!

You have to mix up zone and man. In last year's game, man was more effective and your guys would just automatically follow the CPU's guys. Now sometimes they are a step behind.

Mix up man, man blitzes, pure zone, and zone blitzes and you can limit their yards. For example there is a zone in Quarter defense where you have 4 guys across the field in the 10 yard range, and 4 guys deep in the 20 yard range, and 3 man pass rush. This is very good as a change up on 3rd and 10 or whatever. The guys don't have to be as fast as the receivers because they are already there lol
Old 11-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

Are you playing press? Are you making sure you're playing in nickel when they put three WR on the field?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva1008
You have to mix up zone and man. In last year's game, man was more effective and your guys would just automatically follow the CPU's guys. Now sometimes they are a step behind.

Mix up man, man blitzes, pure zone, and zone blitzes and you can limit their yards. For example there is a zone in Quarter defense where you have 4 guys across the field in the 10 yard range, and 4 guys deep in the 20 yard range, and 3 man pass rush. This is very good as a change up on 3rd and 10 or whatever. The guys don't have to be as fast as the receivers because they are already there lol
quarter an dimes are not as good for me because makes me seem like i cant get no pressure on the QB with a 3 man rush and then the QB as all day to find someone in the middle now with 3-10 or whatever i do mix in some because all i gotta do is stop them before 1st down marker
Quote:
Are you playing press? Are you making sure you're playing in nickel when they put three WR on the field?
only press on 1st downs maybe 3rd depending on how many yards to go and i shade the middle with both OLB and bilitz the MLB and a CB bilitz (1 CB) aswell. and my slot CB in the flats with the SS shading the sideline and FS shading the deep middle .now with this it works but the SS never makes it to the sidelines if the WR is running a streak and if he runs a deep post route the FS never protects the middle he goes to the sidelines because he thinks the other WR is also running deep or something idk .

Old 04-11-2014, 12:58 AM   #7
Rookie

when u say u are pressing does that mean u cover audible to jam WR's or u are running 2 man under where the corner use trail technique?
Old 04-18-2014, 12:47 AM   #8
Pro

Madden sux because man defense is SO ineffective. I'm having the same problem where I've given up 300+ passing yards in 3 straight games along with a 70% completion rate for the opposing QB. My players are definitely good enough to match the best actual defenses in the NFL, but I can't stop the pass. The problem with man defense is that the CPU won't throw to their #1 receiver much, but mostly to their tight end and slot receiver. They'll only throw to the main receivers if they outmatch your corners or they'll throw to them on drag routes. Then another problem is that receivers make one little move and whoever was covering them is like 10 yards behind them. But the main problem is generating a pass rush. Without a pass rush, the CPU is free to find the open receiver and even Phil Simms says it in the commentary, if you have all day to throw anyone can look like a great QB. The problem with Madden is that it's impossible to get a consistent pass rush against the opposing QB. So even if you have great corners, you're going to get beat through the air because the CPU QB has so much time to throw. It's a pervasive problem in this game and I don't think anyone has yet to find a real solution. I've been frustrating myself trying to find a set of sliders that gets my defense to play somewhat respectably, but nothing yet. It's not that you're doing anything wrong, it's just impossible to stop the pass on this game. Find one person you know who plays this game and has a top 10 ranked pass defense. You won't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »