Home

MAN, after playing NCAA 2005...

This is a discussion on MAN, after playing NCAA 2005... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2004, 11:24 AM   #1
Legen - WAIT FOR IT

Pared's Arena

OVR: 72
MAN, after playing NCAA 2005...

..I can easily say the feature I'm going to miss is Home Field Advantage... it's friggin' unreal!

Although even when you think about it, it suits college better than NFL... but there are still some places where the crowd is DEFINITELY a factor....

Can't they incorporate it somehow?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 11:27 AM   #2
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: MAN, after playing NCAA 2005...

I dont like it, b/c I like to feel like I'm in control in stead of letting the game pick and choose which of my players is gonan get "rattled" and run the wrong route causing me to turn over the ball at crucial points in the game.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:28 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

That would be cool. I really the HFA feature also.

It seems though that EA is really trying to make a distinct difference between NCAA and Madden. I recall an article about that earlier in the year. It's a shame because NCAA has some really cool things that Madden could borrow from (especially improved defensive AI).
Old 07-14-2004, 11:34 AM   #4
An Old Trafford

Leon's Arena

OVR: 16

Well, they added pressure-kicking if that counts.

I also don't think HFA would suit Madden that much also. Maybe for 1st Super Bowl appearances they can get rattled but other than that, fans don't really rattle players in NFL besides hearing on the field.

They could add the pressure thing for all players though. Just without the heartbeat crap.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Fightin_Gobbler's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

stoncold32 said:
I dont like it, b/c I like to feel like I'm in control in stead of letting the game pick and choose which of my players is gonan get "rattled" and run the wrong route causing me to turn over the ball at crucial points in the game.

Yeah, but don't you think its unrealistic to recruit some blue-chip, start him as a Freshman, and have him be a first team All-American?

This feature will mean you need to start your 84 rating Senior middle linebacker instead of your 86 rating Freshman... which is the way it should be.

I've only played one game so far, but it was thrilling. I played at UVa and the satisifaction of punching it in from the 3 yard line on 3rd and goal with the crowd roaring and the controller shaking was unbelievable.

Manage your rosters (i.e. don't just go for speed and athleticism, composure matters), and learn to use the match up stick, and then you WILL be in control!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2004, 12:16 PM   #6
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

if Madden is anything like this, I will not be getting Madden, NCAA is a dissapointment to me, I think they took a step back instead of forward, I dunno, maybe it is just me.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:21 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't think its just you....many people feel the same way.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:42 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

Maybe it's just me but in the last developer interview they had on videogames.com it looked like Madden's speed is faster this year and looks more fun. Seems kind of strange, they slow down NCAA and speed up Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »