Home

PS2 Controller For PC - Quick Question

This is a discussion on PS2 Controller For PC - Quick Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2004, 09:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
PS2 Controller For PC - Quick Question

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else before, but if someone could give me a quick answer, I would really appreciate it.

I currently use the Logitech Dual Action gamepad, but I'm not a huge fan (and I'm used to the feel of the PS2 controller). If I pick up the PS2/USB adapter at Radio Shack, will it work with Madden 2005? And if so, is it an easy "plug it in, turn it on" sort of deal, or do I need a computer science degree to change certain settings and files to make it work properly?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated - thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2004, 10:37 AM   #2
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: PS2 Controller For PC - Quick Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyrunner
Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else before, but if someone could give me a quick answer, I would really appreciate it.

I currently use the Logitech Dual Action gamepad, but I'm not a huge fan (and I'm used to the feel of the PS2 controller). If I pick up the PS2/USB adapter at Radio Shack, will it work with Madden 2005? And if so, is it an easy "plug it in, turn it on" sort of deal, or do I need a computer science degree to change certain settings and files to make it work properly?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated - thanks!
I don't use it for madden but i do for FIFA and MVP. It was easy for me, just a USB adapter and a quick driver install. Some of the buttons were screwed up but it was pretty easy to change the config.dat files to fix it.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:38 AM   #3
Rookie

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback! Think I'll give it a go!
Old 09-16-2004, 11:15 AM   #4
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I don't use it for madden but i do for FIFA and MVP. It was easy for me, just a USB adapter and a quick driver install. Some of the buttons were screwed up but it was pretty easy to change the config.dat files to fix it.

So the one at radio shack does work with PS2 controllers... the guy at the Shack says they only work with PS1 controllers... ggrrrrr
Old 09-16-2004, 11:42 AM   #5
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
So the one at radio shack does work with PS2 controllers... the guy at the Shack says they only work with PS1 controllers... ggrrrrr
The only thing that doesn't work is the vibration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2004, 11:45 AM   #6
Rookie

The one on the RadioShack website is "PSX-to-USB Adapter With Vibration Driver" (catalog #26-304). Will the rumble function not work with Madden 2005?
Old 09-16-2004, 11:49 AM   #7
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyrunner
The one on the RadioShack website is "PSX-to-USB Adapter With Vibration Driver" (catalog #26-304). Will the rumble function not work with Madden 2005?
I'm not sure. That looks like the one I have so it may be possible. Controller vibration isn't something i really notice / care about.
Old 09-16-2004, 05:41 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
...Some of the buttons were screwed up but it was pretty easy to change the config.dat files to fix it....
Cam, I got the adapter, and it works except (as you said) the buttons are a little messed up. Can you (or anyone else reading this) point me in the right direction. Where is this file that I need to change?

Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »