Home

May I ask a quick question?

This is a discussion on May I ask a quick question? within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 12:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
May I ask a quick question?

Not saying this is a glitch or a bug, but how do you get rid of a player card in Ultimate Team mode? Most of them you can either sell back or add to a set or put in the auction. But there's some player cards where it offers nothing but to extend the player's contract. You can't seem to get rid of them, nor get them out of your item binder!?

Sorry if this question has been addressed before, but I did search and found nothing on it. Any help would be appreciated! Oh, BTW, this is for the XBOX 360. Many thanks!

Surpent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 04:18 PM   #2
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: May I ask a quick question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSurpent
Not saying this is a glitch or a bug, but how do you get rid of a player card in Ultimate Team mode? Most of them you can either sell back or add to a set or put in the auction. But there's some player cards where it offers nothing but to extend the player's contract. You can't seem to get rid of them, nor get them out of your item binder!?

Sorry if this question has been addressed before, but I did search and found nothing on it. Any help would be appreciated! Oh, BTW, this is for the XBOX 360. Many thanks!

Surpent

In the lineup screen hit the player options button and remove from lineup
Old 09-17-2014, 04:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
In the lineup screen hit the player options button and remove from lineup
Tried that, Healy...and it takes them from the line-up, but still leaves it in your item binder, and as a part of the team. Still can't sell, put in a set, or auction it. Those binders only have 55 spots for players, also. Very frustrating.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #4
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

After their contracts run out, do they go away? I removed my kicker that I initially got with my team from the lineup, and never renewed contracts and I haven't seen him since.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
After their contracts run out, do they go away? I removed my kicker that I initially got with my team from the lineup, and never renewed contracts and I haven't seen him since.
Not sure what happened to your Kicker, but I have 3 players who have no contracts left, and I can't get rid of them. I check them periodically, but there is never an option except to extend their contracts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 05:48 PM   #6
Rookie

SMehta224's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Not sure what happened to your Kicker, but I have 3 players who have no contracts left, and I can't get rid of them. I check them periodically, but there is never an option except to extend their contracts.
I think you might be referring to your starter team cards, usually low rated bronze cards that you received in your welcome pack. Those cards unfortunately cannot be sold. Your only option is to either leave them in the item binder and hope in the future they are included as part of some new set they might put out or renew the contracts and keep playing with them. Also certain cards that you earn through completing solo challenges also cannot be auctioned and can only be added to sets.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:26 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMehta224
I think you might be referring to your starter team cards, usually low rated bronze cards that you received in your welcome pack. Those cards unfortunately cannot be sold. Your only option is to either leave them in the item binder and hope in the future they are included as part of some new set they might put out or renew the contracts and keep playing with them. Also certain cards that you earn through completing solo challenges also cannot be auctioned and can only be added to sets.
That makes some sense, MH. There are low lvl. Bronze cards that won't go away, but there's also a few silver ones as well. It almost seems random on what the CPU will let you sell or auction off, or make you keep it. I've been watching it closely and it still doesn't make sense. Take E.J. Manuel for example: I received an E.J. Manuel Gold card as part of an Ultimate Team Gold Reward pack. Later, I got a better QB, but E.J. is stuck there in the binder taking up space. Hopefully this is fixable, because it could greatly affect MUT play.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:27 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
I think the starter players you cannot get rid of, plus I think if you have 0 contracts you cannot quick sell a card either. So you would have to put a few contract points to it and then quick sell. Which kind of sucks, but isn't the end of the world.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »