Home

Candyman Reviews MLB2K6 360

This is a discussion on Candyman Reviews MLB2K6 360 within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2006, 05:00 PM   #9
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Candyman Reviews MLB2K6 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
candy, this is their 1st game with the license. They began developing the MLB series last year(less than 8 month's) IMO in 20 months they've made some gr-8 strides in some areas & in other area's meh...

If they can fix some of the areas that need addressing:

Player Ratings(NEW STATS ENGINE)
Swing & Throwing Animations(NEW PHYSICS ENGINE)
Update Graphics & Player Models

we will have a gr-8 game of baseball on our hands. What we have this year is a gr-8 start.
Joe, I like this game and thought that 2K5 was a decent starting point for KUSH. There are still some things that bother me about this game which I hope the patch fixes those problems.

I wonder why did I lose all replays from the game all of a sudden? I'm tempted to reformat my HDD.

I think this game could play a good game of baseball if players are tweaked and some sliders are also tweaked. After playing this game and MLB06, I see where both games have their good and bad. It would be cool to meld the best of both games together to get one good game. There are some things that I was impressed by in this game, like INSIDE EDGE. I think that IE adds some strategy to this game.

I'm glad that in 2K7 Morgan and Miller will be replaced, so we may get new fresh commentary also.

If a patch is released to fix the problems besides the freezing and getting my replays back.........than I can consider giving this game a 7.5 at the most.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:17 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

The more I have been playing this game (no knock on you guys that want to and can't) the more I am liking it. All the bugs mentioned aside, if they fix the player progression I would continue to play through the summer. Also, am I the only one who hated the way the shirts bend the same all the time up front? I think it looks beyond silly. Right now I do give it a 6.5 but would be moved to a 7.5 if the little things were fixed.

Last thing for me regarding player movement, you can't do little adjustments when underneath a pop-up. I wished you could just sidestep over a little intead of having to run over.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:39 PM   #11
Rookie

asb_man's Arena

OVR: 6

The 'Inside Edge' sounds interesting...I guess I'll pick it up on PS2 this year. I always thought it would be fun to try a mode where the catcher calls the game, you either shake him off or just throw the pitch/location he suggests. I commend them for trying something like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
What we have this year is a gr-8 start.
Scott McClellan stepped down this past week, you might want to send your resume' into the White House for the open Press Secretary position. I've owned every console baseball title since '98...this is the only one which shipped broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2006, 05:51 PM   #12
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by asb_man
The 'Inside Edge' sounds interesting...I guess I'll pick it up on PS2 this year. I always thought it would be fun to try a mode where the catcher calls the game, you either shake him off or just throw the pitch/location he suggests. I commend them for trying something like this.

Scott McClellan stepped down this past week, you might want to send your resume' into the White House for the open Press Secretary position. I've owned every console baseball title since '98...this is the only one which shipped broken.
I think what really saves this game overall imo, is "Inside Edge". It is such an awesome aspect that adds strategy. We need someone on here to let us know if they did any type of tweaking to the players attributes. I think this game could be really good if some edits are made.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:19 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny677
The more I have been playing this game (no knock on you guys that want to and can't) the more I am liking it. All the bugs mentioned aside, if they fix the player progression I would continue to play through the summer. Also, am I the only one who hated the way the shirts bend the same all the time up front? I think it looks beyond silly. Right now I do give it a 6.5 but would be moved to a 7.5 if the little things were fixed.

Last thing for me regarding player movement, you can't do little adjustments when underneath a pop-up. I wished you could just sidestep over a little intead of having to run over.
If you barely tap the stick they will move just a little. However a "straffe" button would be nice for that "few inches" adjustment. But for all we know there may infact be a button to hold. 2K is notorious for not documenting everything in the game.

But it's interesting to see so many people warm over to the fielding momentum. I thought they got it dead on personally from day 1.

I also think Kush might want to let VC personally handle player faces.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:34 PM   #14
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

Funny coming from someone who developed ASB.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:56 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman56
I think what really saves this game overall imo, is "Inside Edge". It is such an awesome aspect that adds strategy. We need someone on here to let us know if they did any type of tweaking to the players attributes. I think this game could be really good if some edits are made.
I'm just curious. In your opinion, what kind of strategy does Inside Edge give you? I'm not bashing it by any means, but I am intrested in knowing how the CPU calling pitches for you "adds strategy"???? He's telling you were to pitch the ball and you pitch it there. Basically what this means to me is you don't have to think. To create strategy you have to think. If you're not thinking then your not strategizing. To me this is really no different then having the CPU pitch for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2006, 10:53 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
That's weird, my game isn't broken

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »