Home

why are you all so hard up for a DEMO?

This is a discussion on why are you all so hard up for a DEMO? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
why are you all so hard up for a DEMO?

I've always viewed gaming companies issuing demos as a courtesy to the gamer, nothing more nothing less...

so what's with all this

"oh something is wrong!! no demo!!"
"no demo means i won't buy!!"

an overwhelming majority of games on the market don't even release demo's, and some of them release demos AFTER the game has hit the shelves (i'm looking at afro samurai demo right now)

so what gives? why all the pressure on 2k to release a demo?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: why are you all so hard up for a DEMO?

2K's history is what's up and why a demo is necessary. But demanding a demo today is pretty odd and petty. 2K has said a demo will arrive soon. Some people need to take up meditation -- calms the mind.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:58 PM   #3
Little Big Puig

elTodd's Arena

OVR: 24

I just want to play it to get a feel on how the game plays.

I'll end up buying the game anyways, so its not a purchase factor for me. But, I know for a lot of guys on here, their purchase decision is mostly decided by a demo. So that would be my guess.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:59 PM   #4
Rookie

The Living Legend's Arena

OVR: 6

Well i think people want a Demo cause the last 2 installments of the game was pretty much garbage, and people want to see if this game is a better indication of FPS and new pitching mechanics before they buy or even rent the game.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:00 PM   #5
08 Mets! One Year Older!

thornie's Arena

OVR: 7

Having a demo is infinitely better than watching the same gameplay videos over and over again. Don't you think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2009, 02:03 PM   #6
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Because they need to regain our trust in them. It has been a long time coming when we have played a 2K baseball game without a major facet being rather unplayable, given poor homerific gameplay, terrible framerate, ghastly AI management, or any other game-killing bugs (the dreaded passed balls in 2K5, the franchise freeze in 2K6, and the list goes on...).

Also, PS3 users don't know what we have in store for us coming into this year. We don't know how it will hold up compared to the 360, and we are keeping our eye strongly on another game that has been promising the last few years and we've had a demo for the past two weeks to feel how it plays.

The only problem with the demo is that it is indeed a pre-release demo, and perhaps a months old build of the game. We can't base any negatives off the demo except what we already know (like things that can't be turned on or off and such), but we can take in the positives and [hopefully] guarantee ourselves at least that much for the retail version of the game.

But the final reason is that the demo has already been sent out to Microsoft and Sony, and last year when it was sent out early we didn't get it until after the game released, and it was because they didn't approve it. Why? Play 2K8 and you'll see why. It was an unplayable mess. I was surprised it got out the front door at all. You saw 2K4 get delayed a month for Xbox and two months for PS3... this could have been the same but it wasn't. Based on that history and based on no demo today, some people are afraid of there being another major issue that's keeping it from being approved and release demo-wise from Sony and M$.

It's just that we don't have many past positives to go off of to ensure ourselves that this game will indeed be solid from front to back, so we need to get a decent hands-on experience to tell ourselves whether this title is even worth looking at this year. The one and only reason that I can tell myself to expect good things out of this year is because Visual Concepts is developing this game, and they have only failed me once in the past (ESPN NBA Basketball). They've learned from their mistakes and they have been of the best sports game developers in the past decade. I can only hope that they'll continue that trend for MLB 2K9... but at this point, I can only hope. I'll be able to make a few more assumptions once I get a demo in hand, but until then hope is all I'm basing anything off of.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-19-2009, 02:52 PM   #7
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Why do we want a demo? Because we want to try the game out for ourselves.

I thought it was pretty obvious.......
Old 02-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Why do we want a demo? Because we want to try the game out for ourselves.

I thought it was pretty obvious.......
- really? man just the other day somebody told me water was wet...man i'm just learning new stuff every day it seems! thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »