Home

Pittsburgh Pirates, AAA, AA Edits

This is a discussion on Pittsburgh Pirates, AAA, AA Edits within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #825
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Pittsburgh Pirates, AAA, AA Edits

Qb, can you post the Sinker Attributes you used for Charlie Morton? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #826
Rookie

BoarWarrior27's Arena

OVR: 9

There are my re rates I did some re rates for Walker,McCutchen,Tabata,Alvarez. I am only going to post the categories that I re rated. Tell me what I think and feel free to add some suggestions!!

Walker
RT Contact 74
LT Contact 69
RT Power 62
LT Power 50
Durability 86
Arm Strength 66
Fielding Ability 68

Tabata
RT Contact 77
LT Contact 64
RT Power 50
LT Power 50
Plate Vision 60
Plate Discipline 74
Clutch 60
Durability 88
Speed 84
Arm Strength 58
Arm Accuracy 56
Field Ability 70

McCutchen
RT Contact 74
RT Power 52
Durability 88
Speed 86
Arm Strength 55

Alvarez
RT Contact 68
Clutch 64
Durability 84
Old 04-18-2011, 10:12 AM   #827
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
Qb, can you post the Sinker Attributes you used for Charlie Morton? Thanks
I won't be at my PS3 until late tonight if at all. If you want a rough estimate, get his speed rating up to where the MPH is 92 plus a few clicks -- it will go faster in-game -- then go with 60 or 65 control and maybe 85 break. It should move enough laterally, but if you're not satisfied, you can go with a 2-seamer with similar ratings.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #828
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10

awesome stuff and lets lock down a 4 game series win on the road in wow I dont even know how long lol. QB, did you keep his BB and hits per 9 around the same. I think it had his k's per 9 at 51 and his BB/9 at 64, i reversed them.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #829
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

I'm not sure, cavs. I think I increased his H/9 and HR/9 ratings somewhat in light of his new pitching approach. I wouldn't raise is K/9 too far since he's mostly pitching to contact at this point, but if his BB/9 is 64, that might need to come down a bit (50-55?). Also, clutch can impact overall, so if you adjust the /9 ratings but he's still down the SP depth chart, try raising that.

I wish I could give you better numbers, but this is all off the cuff without looking.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #830
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I won't be at my PS3 until late tonight if at all. If you want a rough estimate, get his speed rating up to where the MPH is 92 plus a few clicks -- it will go faster in-game -- then go with 60 or 65 control and maybe 85 break. It should move enough laterally, but if you're not satisfied, you can go with a 2-seamer with similar ratings.
ok, thanks. did you just add a sinker or substitute the sinker for his fastball?
Old 04-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #831
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
ok, thanks. did you just add a sinker or substitute the sinker for his fastball?
I used the sinker as his primary pitch and would recommend dumping the 4FB in favor of a running FB, or you could even use both the SNK & 2FB, as suggested earlier by cavs (I think?). You could go with a few setups for him and I'll try to get some ratings up to go along with the pitches soon:

1. Sinker
2. Sweeping Curve (slurve is another possibility)
3. Circle Change
4. Running FB
5. Slider

I feel this would be an appropriate mix for someone using the Pirates, as it keeps a "4-seamer" to throw up in the zone, albeit in form of a RFB to account for the horizontal movement towards RH batters.

If we're talking about a repertoire for CPU Morton, this may be better:

1. Sinker
2. 2-seam FB
3. Sweeping Curve/Slurve
4. Circle Change
5. Slider or RFB

This setup should ensure that a CPU-controlled Morton throws a majority of sinkers/2-seamers (78% in 2011). He hasn't thrown many sliders this year (1.7%), so you could keep the RFB as pitch #5 (9.1%) and even flip it with the CCH (2.7%) if desired. Although, my experience tells me a sinkerballer who rarely throws his 4-seamer shouldn't have it ahead of his offspeed stuff or you'll see it too much from the CPU. This is assuming the pitch order designation has an impact on what the CPU throws... I'm not sure how much it does after spots one & two.

If you want to check out his PitchFx data, here's a link to his Fangraphs data.

Last edited by Qb; 04-19-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #832
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10

I am at work, I will have to take a look at Rudy Owens ,I havent had a chance to pitch with him yet. Looks like he will be first in line for a callup, he is off to another grreat start.2-0 1.35 ERA 13.1 IP 10 hits 2 bb and 8k's. I would be shocked if he is not called up after June 1st. I could see him taking Maholms spot, I think Paul's days are numbered. Rudys increase in velocity could make him very interesting

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »