Home

Could this be possible?

This is a discussion on Could this be possible? within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
Banned

InSainn's Arena

OVR: 7
Could this be possible?

I really only have one wish for MLB 11. Now, for as long as I can remember in video game baseball the pitcher stamina rating has been a very linear rating; starters are up in the 70s, 80s and 90s and relievers are always down in the 30's or 20's. I would love for the developers to get into this aspect of the game a little more. How many times do you see a reliever stretched out to be a starter? It happens from time to time and it happens all the time in the minors with developing arms but it's an aspect of the game that gets ignored in baseball video games. I think there needs to be an overall stamina rating, an endurance rating and a bounce back rating and finally a stamina flexibility rating. The stamina flexibility rating is what determines a pitchers ability to pitch both as a starter and as a reliever (a higher rating means he doesnt have to be stretched out as much in preparation for starter duties and a low rating would mean he needs to really be stretched out over the course of a couple weeks). The bounce back rating is pretty self explanitory, this is a relievers ability to pitch on back to back days or even back-to-back-to-back days and for a starter it would be his ability to come back on short rest. Finally endurance is basically the same as the current stamina rating, which of course determines how long a pitcher can go in a particular game. Finally the overall would simply be an average of all those scores.

Now, could this be done or would it simply be impossible to program properly? Also, does this make sense and is there anything I'm missing?

Edit: Sorry, meant to post this in the main MLB the Show forum and not the roster forum, mods, feel free to move it to the correct area.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Could this be possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSainn
I really only have one wish for MLB 11. Now, for as long as I can remember in video game baseball the pitcher stamina rating has been a very linear rating; starters are up in the 70s, 80s and 90s and relievers are always down in the 30's or 20's. I would love for the developers to get into this aspect of the game a little more. How many times do you see a reliever stretched out to be a starter? It happens from time to time and it happens all the time in the minors with developing arms but it's an aspect of the game that gets ignored in baseball video games. I think there needs to be an overall stamina rating, an endurance rating and a bounce back rating and finally a stamina flexibility rating. The stamina flexibility rating is what determines a pitchers ability to pitch both as a starter and as a reliever (a higher rating means he doesnt have to be stretched out as much in preparation for starter duties and a low rating would mean he needs to really be stretched out over the course of a couple weeks). The bounce back rating is pretty self explanitory, this is a relievers ability to pitch on back to back days or even back-to-back-to-back days and for a starter it would be his ability to come back on short rest. Finally endurance is basically the same as the current stamina rating, which of course determines how long a pitcher can go in a particular game. Finally the overall would simply be an average of all those scores.

Now, could this be done or would it simply be impossible to program properly? Also, does this make sense and is there anything I'm missing?

Edit: Sorry, meant to post this in the main MLB the Show forum and not the roster forum, mods, feel free to move it to the correct area.
I agree 100%
Old 05-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
RIP Dave

DaronAndrew's Arena

OVR: 1

I love this idea too, I just don't know how it could be programed or integrated properly...some guys transition great from a reliever role to a spot in the starting rotation (CJ Wilson of the Rangers this year), but others just aren't cut out for it. There would definitely have to be some sort of 'variable' factor implemented..it'd be tough.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Genius.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »