Home

Porting Knight's 1994 set to MLB 14

This is a discussion on Porting Knight's 1994 set to MLB 14 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2014, 10:45 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Porting Knight's 1994 set to MLB 14

Great news, after downloading it for the past 2 days, my digital copy of MLB 14 is finally in and installing!

I'll be able to start making my mod base AKA a generic-d out roster with all the default players pasted over with generic guys. I'll upload that to the vault too.

I've completed copying down the data for 3 teams so far, MTL, ATL, MIA. I'd like to finish at least the Mets and the Phillies today.

I did some work on expanding PJ's sets last year(unfinished, although my interest was making the Expos' 90-man roster, and I did that, plus adding many of the top prospects from all around the league.) , definitively deserves the port, I'd port over 1990 because it has all the players he made for 88 and 89 too... but I won't be able to do it because I can't have both MLB 13 and MLB 14 on my hard drive at the same time, the files are too damn big... wish they'd let us use external USB HDs.

Last edited by Phil Parent; 04-03-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 4

Just an idea like I'm doing with the 89 roster...I am going to use the 2 Japanese teams the made it to the series that year and probably a Cuban all-star team and a team full of players who retired in 88 (and possibly 87 to fill out rosters)...again, just an idea and cannot wait to see 1994 again it was my favorite Knight roster EVER!
Old 04-03-2014, 07:06 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4889
Just an idea like I'm doing with the 89 roster...I am going to use the 2 Japanese teams the made it to the series that year and probably a Cuban all-star team and a team full of players who retired in 88 (and possibly 87 to fill out rosters)...again, just an idea and cannot wait to see 1994 again it was my favorite Knight roster EVER!
Once I expand on Knight's set, what I plan to do is to populate the Free Agents list with recent retirees, players from Japan/Mexico/Cuba who had or eventually would play in the majors, college players who didn't sign with the teams that drafted them...etc. I'm thinking there will be enough people to populate it, if not, then you get into standouts from international leagues. Even though in 1994, the Japanese had yet to come into the league, so I might hold back on them. (Though I had college-level Nomo in my expansion of PJSnell's set last year...)

Doing the generic'd out mod base rosters... not seeing any editable players with MLB service time or editable utility players... no big salary guys either, 60-70-80-90k....

Last edited by Phil Parent; 04-03-2014 at 11:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2014, 10:13 AM   #12
Pro

pjsnell10's Arena

OVR: 8

Sounds like a cool idea, I might end up doing this with a few of my old rosters. (to the PS4)
Old 04-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsnell10
Sounds like a cool idea, I might end up doing this with a few of my old rosters. (to the PS4)
Yes! Awesome!

You could put everything down on a spreadsheet and publish it, then people can help inputing it in the game!

Still working on the 1994 port. I notice that there seems to be a difference in the calculation of the Overall rating between 2012 and 2014: For exemple: Pedro Martinez has a slightly higher OV meter than Butch Henry (who had his best year in 1994 and was a huge prospect... but would retire young) in 2012, but they're equal in 2014 with 87 OV.

You can follow the progress of the input on my spreadsheet, everything I've put in is written in red.

Here are the Potentials of the 1994 Expos, would you guys make any changes?

A: Alou, Martinez, Walker, Wetteland

B: Berry, Cordero, Fassero, Fletcher, Floyd, Grissom, Hill, Lansing, Rojas, Rueter, Shaw, R. White

C: Bell, Benavides, Boucher, Eischen, Frazier, Gardner, Heredia, Henry, Milligan, Scott, Spehr, Webster, G. White

D: Henderson, Haynes, Looney
Old 04-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #14
Pro

pjsnell10's Arena

OVR: 8

It's a lot easier just to put 2 tv's and 2 PS3/4's together and copy away. Skips all of the writing info down part.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:07 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsnell10
It's a lot easier just to put 2 tv's and 2 PS3/4's together and copy away. Skips all of the writing info down part.
Don't have two PS3's, that would be best though!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2014, 01:23 PM   #16
Rookie

Finished inputting the Braves and watching Expos VS Braves from 1994 in MLB 14 as we speak :-p

Also put in proper stances and deliveries now that baseballking did his magic and we have the list.

Potentials for the Braves...

A: Glavine, Justice, Lopez, Maddux, McGriff, Pendleton, Smoltz

B: Avery, Bedrosian, Blauser, Klesko, Lemke, O'Brien, Olson, McMichael, Mercker, Stanton, Wohlers

C: Belliard, Bielecki (High C...), Gallagher, Hilt, Kelly, Mordecai, Oliva, Pecota, Sanders, Tarasco

D: Woodall, Brown

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »