Home

Major League (Movie) Roster

This is a discussion on Major League (Movie) Roster within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16
Major League (Movie) Roster

Roster Name: MajorLeague (Movie) Team
Description: Vaughn, Dorn, Rube, etc

I did this on The Show '11 and they're back again!

I’ve attempted to re-create the likes of Cerrano, Vaughn, Taylor, etc… on The Show. I went back and watched all three movies (yes, Back to the Minors is included) to figure out some of the smaller details like glove and bat colors as well as wrist and arm bands.

If you’ve ever attempted this you’ll know there are only 15 players that we actually meet in the movies -- counting Gus Cantrell as a pitcher and excludes Jack Parkman and one of the Juan Lopez’. I’ve also added a few players you see throughout the movies, but may not actually know much, if anything about. If you’ve ever noticed you see a lot of names and numbers and can usually put a position to the name. The best example is P #9 Schoup from the second movie. He’s mentioned throughout the movie, we see him pitch, and I can get some notes on his equipment. Most of the extras, if credited in the movie, only list the player’s last name. For this I take the actor’s real first name to slap in front of the character’s last name, thus giving me “#9 Kevin Schoup”. Many others we only see their last name and numbers and can’t match up an actor. For these players I take a first name of one of the many actors that’s credited as an “Indians Player”, so it’s pretty random for most of the extras.

For the extras their attribute level is loosely based off how many times we see them in the film. If Harry Doyle or other cast members talk about them I’ll likely give them some better skills. But overall, the extras are pretty bland and generic. For the actual characters I tried as best as I could to line up there assumed skills with The Show’s scale. I did find one neat and helpful site that had fictitious cards for the players and had stats for the first movie players (You Hit Like Sh*t).

The Triple-A team is filled out with the former minor leaguers, but Double-A and Single-A are empty and have zero skilled "Minor League Player" sitting in those spots until after the first season. The real Indians minor leaguers were taken from 1989-94. I have excluded any of the bigger name players and for the most part I've only used failed prospects. The biggest names would probably be; Mark Lewis, Jesse Levis, Kevin Wickander, and Rod Nichols. In sort of a "second chance" I've given these players potential ratings based on the following:

D = No Major League Experience
C = Made It To The Majors
B = Played A Few Seasons In The Majors
A = Baseball America Top 100 Prospect (Regardless Of Majors Time)

The faces for players from the first Major League were imported from pjsnell's 1989 Classic Roster Set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2013, 11:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Major League (Movie) Roster

Very cool, always wanted this but it seemed like a big headache. Did you make random players for the other teams too, or is it just Cleveland? Could you upload it and post here?
Old 07-14-2013, 11:43 PM   #3
Just started!

Choose The Renewed DVD and Action DVD Box Sets, alldvdsonline Outlet Will Never Let You Down!
Old 03-30-2021, 11:19 AM   #4
Banned

Re: Danh sách major league (phim)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick165561
Very cool, always wanted this but it seemed like a big headache. Did you make random players for the other teams too, or is it just Cleveland? Could you upload it and post here?
thank youuu
Old 09-29-2022, 10:12 PM   #5
Banned

These names are really worth looking forward to, I've been watching related movies on oreo tv, it's quite interesting when it comes to the contributions of the above characters.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »