Home

For True Baseball Fans.....

This is a discussion on For True Baseball Fans..... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2009, 07:38 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Thumbs up For True Baseball Fans.....

Who will you be playing as in MLB 09 The Show and which team do you have (a) going to the World Series and (b) winning the world series?

Im Gonna play with my Rox and go with a classic mid 90's WS matchup for 09' with the Yankees v. Braves with the Yankees basicially buying the trophy this year

Your thoughts.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2009, 07:56 AM   #2
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: For True Baseball Fans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by delo2beatu
Who will you be playing as in MLB 09 The Show and which team do you have (a) going to the World Series and (b) winning the world series?

Im Gonna play with my Rox and go with a classic mid 90's WS matchup for 09' with the Yankees v. Braves with the Yankees basicially buying the trophy this year

Your thoughts.....
I haven't decided who I will be using.

Do you have a specific reason for thinking that the Braves will go to the World Series? I can't see them winning more than 70 games and that's even if Tommy Hanson ends up pitching the whole year with an E.R.A. under 3.50 and Jason Heyward makes the team, starts and performs well enough to win rookie of the year. From what I hear, Jason Heyward's going to start the season in the minors. Either way, they will still have a ton of holes.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #3
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

ill be the yankees
its gunna be a yankees cubs world series with the yankees winning it
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Old 02-19-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by delo2beatu

Your thoughts.....
Sounds good to me. Although, sticking with the mid 90's theme, would you rather play with the Rockies of today (Hawpe / Atkins / Tulo / etc.) or the Rockies of the early - mid 90's (Eric Young / Galaragga / Bichette / Charlie Hayes)?
Old 02-19-2009, 10:11 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDawg27
Sounds good to me. Although, sticking with the mid 90's theme, would you rather play with the Rockies of today (Hawpe / Atkins / Tulo / etc.) or the Rockies of the early - mid 90's (Eric Young / Galaragga / Bichette / Charlie Hayes)?
Dont forget hockey's biggest loss, Larry Walker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2009, 01:17 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDawg27
Wow good question. I like what we got going on now with the rox although I am realistic about my team. I don't believe to see the Rockies in the WS maybe ever again in my lifetime. Its hard to actually say that but its gonna be tough to get back there. I did like the the old team of the 90's but the stats of those teams were outta wack... ie walker with a .370+ BA and so fourth. So to answer your question i'd have to say the rockies of today no matter how cheap they are sometimes
Old 02-22-2009, 03:31 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ill go with the 86 rematch red sox- mets yes the mets they finally do it right this year.But with my red sox winning it this time.

Last edited by djp34; 02-25-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:11 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 11

Playing with Marlins. Marlins beating Yankees AGAIN in World Series

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »