Home

RTTS Crash and Burn

This is a discussion on RTTS Crash and Burn within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
RTTS Crash and Burn

In my 2nd season I was named to the 40 man roster at the beginning of spring (Mariners organization). At the conclusion of my AAA season I was called up to the big club to help finish out an atrocious season in Seattle.

I sit for about a week before getting a game in. My first big league experience comes against the LAA Angels and Ervin Santana, who goes the distance for the CG shutout. Needless to say I went 0-4.

A painful introduction to the majors but a very rewarding experience after working through to that point.

Not as painful as what was about to happen though....

So I get back to the schedule and click to sim to my next experience...the screen goes black and my PS3 restarts itself. ????

I try again and again and again...even delete the d/l and reinstall, no luck.

So now I'm stuck with an unusable RTTS career that was finally getting interesting.

It took so much time and batting practice to get to that point, I'm so pissed and unmotivated to start a new one, yet I know I will eventually.

Does anyone know what the problem is and if it's repairable? Has anyone had this issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: RTTS Crash and Burn

Did you try simming the season or to a certain date, instead of to your next appearance?
Old 03-09-2009, 10:55 AM   #3
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
Did you try simming the season or to a certain date, instead of to your next appearance?
Yes I think I tried everything imaginable. I tried forcing trades, making the manager mad... you name it.

September 14, 2010 is apparently the end of the world, lol.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Yes I think I tried everything imaginable. I tried forcing trades, making the manager mad... you name it.

Forget the Mayans and 2012... we've got only a year and a half left... SCEA SAID SO!
Old 03-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Aww man looks like its gonna be a crummy 23rd birthday for me!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2009, 11:38 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
In my 2nd season I was named to the 40 man roster at the beginning of spring (Mariners organization). At the conclusion of my AAA season I was called up to the big club to help finish out an atrocious season in Seattle.

I sit for about a week before getting a game in. My first big league experience comes against the LAA Angels and Ervin Santana, who goes the distance for the CG shutout. Needless to say I went 0-4.

A painful introduction to the majors but a very rewarding experience after working through to that point.

Not as painful as what was about to happen though....

So I get back to the schedule and click to sim to my next experience...the screen goes black and my PS3 restarts itself. ????

I try again and again and again...even delete the d/l and reinstall, no luck.

So now I'm stuck with an unusable RTTS career that was finally getting interesting.

It took so much time and batting practice to get to that point, I'm so pissed and unmotivated to start a new one, yet I know I will eventually.

Does anyone know what the problem is and if it's repairable? Has anyone had this issue?
I had the same exact thing happen. Do you remember what the date was? I was still in the minors when it happen to me. Has anybody made it past their second season in RTTS without this happening?
Old 03-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #7
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscotm2
I had the same exact thing happen. Do you remember what the date was? I was still in the minors when it happen to me. Has anybody made it past their second season in RTTS without this happening?

Haha, that's what the September 14, 2010 thing was all about
Old 03-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Haha, that's what the September 14, 2010 thing was all about
Oh, I gotcha. It sucks. I was so pissed when this happened to me the other day. I'm curious as to why this happens. I'm also nervous to start another RTTS until other people start reporting this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »