Home

Player Salaries in MLB 10

This is a discussion on Player Salaries in MLB 10 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-13-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Player Salaries in MLB 10

You think there's a chance player salaries in MLB 10 could take into consideratin performance, as well as overall? That way you will have some realistic situations where a guy has a career year and gets overpaid afterwards, or guys who were injured for most the year will have to sign lesser contracts and such. I've been wanting this to be worked in for years now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2009, 09:54 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Player Salaries in MLB 10

That would be really cool. If they have a good year, you can base it off that.. In franchise mode were there realisistic budgets? Like did the Yanks have a lot of $$ to spend etc compared to other teams. Can you offer a lof of money to a player or is there a limit?
Old 12-14-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
Pro

Yeah there's a few topics about this, the MLBPA does not allow accurate budgets for players, not even similar numbers.

I'm hopeful that MLB 10 will at least have proportionally correct budgets, so that at least we have to think a little about who to spend money on.

Also, I would love to see teams accurately try and cut budget at the trade deadline or off-season when need be.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
Yeah there's a few topics about this, the MLBPA does not allow accurate budgets for players, not even similar numbers.

I'm hopeful that MLB 10 will at least have proportionally correct budgets, so that at least we have to think a little about who to spend money on.

Also, I would love to see teams accurately try and cut budget at the trade deadline or off-season when need be.

Yeah that would be good. I remember playing MVP 2005 and the budget was so small. And the most i could spend on someone was not enough lol and there was a limit on years i could sign them too..
Old 01-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Why can't the show get actual player contracts? I know it's not hard to find this info and would add a nice touch to the franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

It's not realistic when i can sign all the top Free Agents because my budget is so big.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
Why can't the show get actual player contracts? I know it's not hard to find this info and would add a nice touch to the franchise
MLBPA won't allow it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #8
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

As long as the salaries reflect the caliber of the player and the budgets I don't care if they are exact. What gets me is Juan Pierre making 12 million on the bench and Arod making 14 million.

Budgets should be squeezed as well for ALL teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »