Home

Animation problem

This is a discussion on Animation problem within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
Rookie

mrcultureshock's Arena

OVR: 1
Animation problem

I was playing Veteran (hitting and pitching) as the Giants vs Marlins with me leading 1-0 at the top of the 8th. Florida had men on 1st and 2nd with no outs. Then the Marlins tried to bunt and hit a short and quick pop up right in front of my pitcher. I placed my pitcher right under the catch region and instead of catching the pop up, my pitcher went into a fielding animation facing the wrong way, missed the popup, and was late on the throw to 1st base.

I could've had 1 sure out with a possible 2nd out. Instead, Marlins had a bases loaded with no outs. They eventually scored 4 runs on 2 consecutive hits (both low and away pitches) which looked suspiciously catchup AI.

I'm willing to accept my mistake with the 2 low and away pitches, but the wrong animation really made me angry. Has anybody seen this kind of animation problems?

Best regards,

Nicolas
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Animation problem

Never seen that or heard of it so I don't think it is a repetitive problem. Sucks it happened though there are some weird throwing animations in this game but never heard of a player going into the animation before the catch.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:30 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11

Last year I saw bunted popups to my pitcher where he would just watch it hit the ground. Havent seen it this year.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
Rookie

mrcultureshock's Arena

Thank you guys for the replies. Actually the player went under the catch region, but instead of just catching the bunt popup, he went into an animation sequence by turning his back to the ball and try to field it. Then the popup just landed by his feet, when he finally picked it up and threw it to 1st base.

I'm playing MLB 10 the show btw.

Regards,

Nicolas
Old 03-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
S2S
Rookie

S2S's Arena

OVR: 6

Hey Nic, It's a random type thing. I've seen it happen before but it doesn't happen often so just let it roll off your back. Because you'll see more better stuff happen than the next time you see it again. And if you're playing on Veteran, Then I'd say they caught on to your pitch placement. It's happened to me where I'd throw fastballs low and away. Mix it up always but be smart when you got the bases loaded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #6
Rookie

mrcultureshock's Arena

Yeah you make a good point S2S. I do have a tendency to pitch low and away too often. It's strange because I play a wide variety games, but the other type of games that ever made me throw my controller on the floor are baseball games. I just can't explain it becasue I'm a very mellow and patient person.

Thanks again for all your comments!

Best regards,

Nicolas
Old 03-27-2010, 09:30 PM   #7
Pro

Cane_Mutiny's Arena

OVR: 11

I have seen this quite a bit with pitchers fielding popped-up bunts, actually. They seem to automatically reach for the ground to field the bunt, even if it's in the air. Still, all the times I've seen it happen, the pitcher still catches the pop-up down by his shoelaces; never seen the guy let it bounce. I hate that sort of glitch happening, especially when they change the course of the game, but what can ya do, it's only a video game. (And I'm happy that the Marlins beat you, anyway )
That a life without knowledge is death in disguise?"

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »