Home

IS there a simple manager mode in MLB '10?

This is a discussion on IS there a simple manager mode in MLB '10? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Question IS there a simple manager mode in MLB '10?

Hey everybody... just wondering, in Franchise mode, is there a simplified manager mode that isn't just a simulation? I'm talking something like from MVP 2004, 2005, 2006 or from MLB 2K6 - 2K10... The simplified manager mode where you pick "Swing Away" .. "Pitch Batter" "Pitch Around," etc., and it just goes through batter to batter? If you've played either of those games then you know what i mean?

I ask because there seems to be two "manager" type modes in the game... "Sportscast Manager" and the "In Game Manager." The in game manager is too robust... and takes ~45mins to an hour to get through a game... It's just telling the players what to do and watching. On the other hand, the sportscast manager is more or less a simulator, and again, it takes too long. I've been watching the results of this game going on for 15 minutes... just sitting here doing nothing waiting for the game to get through.

I was assuming that MLB '10 would have this mode, and for whatever reason, I thought that it did last year... but I don't know for sure.

IF there isn't a manager mode like MVP's or 2K's, is there any way to speed up the "Sportscast Manager," so that games don't take... 10 minutes of doing nothing? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: IS there a simple manager mode in MLB '10?

It's the same in 10 as it was in 09.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:48 PM   #3
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

It's been the same since 06 or 07 I think. Sportscast manager could be great, like MVP's was, if it got the love it deserves. I still use SCM for about a third of my games even though some of the results on balls hit in play are unrealistic and batters bunt at strange times. You still have a bit of control over what your guys do (bunt, intentional walk, hit and run, etc.). If you hit square and select the pitcher, batter, or runner you get a list of things. There is not, however enough options to really be a great simulation mode. I mean, I don't think you can even double switch from it if you're an NL team.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:40 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Ahhh, thanks for the info ImTellinTim. I figured Sportscast Manager was the closest that they have. MVP's really was a great mode... it was simple, sometimes missing some key things, but it really played well and allowed you to get through a game in as little as 3 or 4 minutes. Seems like Sportscaster mode just takes too long ... as much as 15 minutes of pretty much doing nothing but watching the game count up fake balls and strikes.

But, that'll probably have to be the mode for me. I wanted to play one game then "manage" 5, but I had forgotten that The Show 09 didn't have an MVP-like manager mode in it either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »