Home

gameplay settings plus hitting woes

This is a discussion on gameplay settings plus hitting woes within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
gameplay settings plus hitting woes

Hi all,

consider this my "frustration" post! I need some serious tips and pointers and am coming to the best resources on the web to help me out!

Before the "I can't hit" whine, I do have another question about in-game settings. It seems that no matter what I try, each game I need to go into the settings and turn on the CPI, change my pitcher view, batter view, hot zones. Every game. I have tried saving the settings, and in fact in the franchise season menu, they are set up like I had them, but once I start a game, I have to change them every time. What gives?

Okay, now the meat and potatos...

Can't hit.

Heard it a million times I am sure. When I learned of the CPI I was thrilled because I used to cursor hit in 2K09 and loved it. Very rewarding. This is different though it seems.

I am working to read the pitches by watching the ball out of the pitchers hand. While I don't understand exactly how to tell WHAT is coming, at least it is pretty obvious if it is going right, left, or high (low is still tough). I have turned down the pitch speed to 2 because my reflexes are awful. I have also turned down pitch accuracy to 3 to get more balls. So for this part of the question, what are the best ways to read the pitch?

Now for the CPI itself. I have tried several methods...start at the very top of the strike zone and only have to adjust down. I have also tried wiggling the stick to get a jump on the area...sometimes it works, sometimes I am way off. Is it better to just leave it neutral? Also there seem to be a lot of guys that leave that cursor dead red, but I have trouble believing that you are going to find a pitch right in the middle every at bat, otherwise, why have the option to move the cursor at all?

Timing-wise I have it set at 6...should I move it to 7? I am popping up and fouling off a lot of balls.

I am never going to be a superstar at this game playing default sliders, and I am fine with that. I am just looking for a setting that I can get my variety of hits and homeruns.

I need to stick to one method, so am reaching out to see what works for a majority of you. Understandably, a portion of you are just mad-ballers and have the reflexes of a puma. I am looking for feedback from you regular joes with "aging" reflexes.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »