Home

Too Many Errors?

This is a discussion on Too Many Errors? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Too Many Errors?

Straight from the game log in the bottom of the ninth inning.

"Angels batting. Papelbon pitching. Napoli strikes out buy reached first after it was dropped. Callaspo lined to center for a single. Napoli advances to 3rd. Mathis struck out but reached first after it was dropped. Napoli scores. Callaspo advances to 2nd. Bourjos lined to left for a single. Callaspo advances to 3rd. Mathis advances to 2nd. Aybar struck out but reached first after it was dropped. Callaspo scores. Mathis advances to 3rd. Bourjos advances to 2nd."

Three ****ing dropped balls by Victory Martinez, in the ****ing bottom half of the ninth with a ****ing one run lead. I can imagine Papelbon strangling Martinez after the game ended. And all three pitches weren't that bad either. With those pitches I was able to tag the yellow line or barely missed in doing so. They were a slider away, a fastball low, and a splint-fastball low.

And this even is not happening every once in a while. I notice Martinez having dropped balls roughly 7-10 times every game I use the Red Sox, regardless if the pitch tagged the yellow line or not, and it has cost me several games. I mean, come on, he doesn't make that many errors in real life, does he?

I am so ticked off now. I can accept this in an offline game, but not online. I'm going to go talk a walk now.

But seriously. From now on, I'm going to be using the Yankees, at least until Sportsconnect gives Varitek back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Too Many Errors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konsonum
Straight from the game log in the bottom of the ninth inning.

"Angels batting. Papelbon pitching. Napoli strikes out buy reached first after it was dropped. Callaspo lined to center for a single. Napoli advances to 3rd. Mathis struck out but reached first after it was dropped. Napoli scores. Callaspo advances to 2nd. Bourjos lined to left for a single. Callaspo advances to 3rd. Mathis advances to 2nd. Aybar struck out but reached first after it was dropped. Callaspo scores. Mathis advances to 3rd. Bourjos advances to 2nd."

Three ****ing dropped balls by Victory Martinez, in the ****ing bottom half of the ninth with a ****ing one run lead. I can imagine Papelbon strangling Martinez after the game ended. And all three pitches weren't that bad either. With those pitches I was able to tag the yellow line or barely missed in doing so. They were a slider away, a fastball low, and a splint-fastball low.

And this even is not happening every once in a while. I notice Martinez having dropped balls roughly 7-10 times every game I use the Red Sox, regardless if the pitch tagged the yellow line or not, and it has cost me several games. I mean, come on, he doesn't make that many errors in real life, does he?

I am so ticked off now. I can accept this in an offline game, but not online. I'm going to go talk a walk now.

But seriously. From now on, I'm going to be using the Yankees, at least until Sportsconnect gives Varitek back.

Those should not be counted as errors though. they should be passed balls or wild pitches if they are in the dirt.

Madden 24: Follow my Vikes 'chise here!

Get off your knees blue, you're blowing the game!!
Old 08-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

First, OP, CHILL OUT! Seriously!

Second, those aren't errors and I find it hard to believe that they are being counted as errors. And wild pitches, in the game, happen far more often than actual passed balls. Your pitcher is at fault there, not your catcher. Victor Martinez isn't strong defensively. You probably wouldn't be seeing many wild pitches if you had someone like Brad Ausmus behind the plate.

And let me reiterate...CHILL OUT!
Old 08-24-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
Pro

Polo Bandit's Arena

OVR: 7

My infielders have quite a few errors, however all my OFs are gold glove candidates. I'm not sure I've ever seen an error by an OF in this game aside from me being out of position on a fly ball, but the game doesn't count those.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo Bandit
My infielders have quite a few errors, however all my OFs are gold glove candidates. I'm not sure I've ever seen an error by an OF in this game aside from me being out of position on a fly ball, but the game doesn't count those.
Same here. I have yet to see an error from one of my outfielders. Jeter has thrown a few balls into the stands for me so I guess he makes up for my outfielders
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
Same here. I have yet to see an error from one of my outfielders. Jeter has thrown a few balls into the stands for me so I guess he makes up for my outfielders
Isn't Derek Jeter a gold glover?
Old 08-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #7
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konsonum
Isn't Derek Jeter a gold glover?
Yeah, you would think...but i guess no one is perfect
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-24-2010, 10:55 PM   #8
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

i had texiera throw one over jeter's head for once, then granderson wiffed at fielding said ball. it was pretty hilarious, i wish i recorded it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »