Home

MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

This is a discussion on MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #1489
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

I luv the stirrups! Don't hate on em!

Hopefully MLB12 will have the option next year to edit arm hair.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #1490
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Late in my Little League career, my coach allowed us to wear soccer style socks and I loved them much more than the fake stirups they used to make us wear. The soccer sock is what I wear on RttS.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:37 PM   #1491
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by King88
Finished up my 6th year of MLB service, was an all star 5 of the 6 years (didn't make it one year because of a broken arm). Go into the off season as a free agent, guess what? No contract offers! What's up with that.
RTTS is bugged in this respect. I simmed 5 years of a franchise. Starting the 3rd offseason, teams begin to hit a budget wall.4th offseason on,95% of all Type A free agents get no offers from anyone and remain in FA. The game AI can't offer 15-18 million, so it offers them nothing. Everyone will be in this predicament when they enter FA in RTTS.They need to make RTTS budgets off next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 04:33 PM   #1492
Rookie

Hokie200proof's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
RTTS is bugged in this respect. I simmed 5 years of a franchise. Starting the 3rd offseason, teams begin to hit a budget wall.4th offseason on,95% of all Type A free agents get no offers from anyone and remain in FA. The game AI can't offer 15-18 million, so it offers them nothing. Everyone will be in this predicament when they enter FA in RTTS.They need to make RTTS budgets off next year.
Is this still happening this year? Does that mean that by year six there will only be one ("THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!!" - thrusts bat in the air -) superstar (your RTTS) while all of the others sit on the sidelines unable to get a contract offer? Your RTTS player will be maxed out and beating up on rookies, prospects, average vets and over-the-hill stars?
Old 05-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #1493
Banned

JustOpinions's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
Yikes, that really is a bummer, this SHOULD be the highlight of the entire RTTS mode, plus winning a World series but we all know what thats like as well. RTTS is solid and alot of fun but this really brings it down a peg
Old 05-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #1494
Rookie

OVR: 0

If anyone would like to stay on their original teams in RTTS... what the computer does is they decide on July 1 which teams have the strategy of a playoff push or a normal strategy. playoff push teams get rid of their best prospects for good players to make a run. normal teams usually trade away their better/older players for prospects. In order to avoid being traded you just have to be on a team that isn't doing well through the first half of the season. Im on Cincinnati (AA) and they were in 4th by July 1st so they had a normal strategy. So I got to stick with my team. Only problem is they traded away 2 pretty good players (arroyo and hernandez) for prospects. thats the trade off
Old 05-24-2011, 10:16 PM   #1495
MVP

OVR: 26

I could be wrong on this. Knight did a test and he came up with a different list of FA than I have been seeing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 11:43 PM   #1496
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have a couple of problems with my current RTTS game and would like any suggestions:
1) I'm going for the all-contact and speed switch-hit outfielder. Naturally I'm developing contact, etc. Unfortunately, in order to balance out my attributes after batting training my power is now at 30 for both sides after a year and 1 month of this career. Contact is 68 on both sides. Even at 30, my player constantly tries to hit the ball out, but obviously doesn't. It's getting insane. I'm using the regular swing, yet every time I hit the ball into the outfield it's either a line-drive right at a fielder or a fly ball that gets caught. Have I already given this player too much power and should I just scrap it?
2) I can't draw a walk. 49 at-bats into my second season (now in AAA), I have 0 walks and 8 strikeouts (7 looking, one swinging early on change). Unfortunately I have a goal set to get 5 walks, and I have a week left. This started at the end of my first season (AA), where out of nowhere the CPU straight up stopped throwing me balls. In that first season I was among the league leaders in walks and still finished 5th in walks. I'm still using the same batting stance, same approach of taking pitchers, but no balls. No matter how bad the pitchers' ratings are it's all strikes. I've played with the sliders already and nothing is helping. Is it my attributes that make the CPU just not respect my player's ability?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »