Home

Your underrated player?

This is a discussion on Your underrated player? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
Pro

yankees028's Arena

OVR: 0
Your underrated player?

Was looking around and couldnt find one of these. I love these because it shows other people the hidden gem of players some times. Who is a player you always get that is NOT a elite player or very good rating but always seems to out perform his rating?

Few pitchers that always seem to find there way on my roster.

Jason Bulger - rp angles guy just has filthy stuff and he struggles at times but I always seem to give him the ball in big situations

Jesse Litsch - sp blue jays I have got him the last couple of years he is a pitcher that doesnt have much flash but every time he is on the mound I always get the runs for him. Last year he was 22-8 for me with a 3.69 ERA and this year its even better lol

Hitters

Emilo Bonifacio - guy has so much speed it's unreal I feel like they could make his hitting in the 40's and I still could get hits with him no matter what the difficulty is on also a very good utility player

Brad Eldred - he is now 30 but have got him for just about every year since mvp 2005 lol huge first basemen that no matter what is rating I have got and always put out solid numbers with. To me he is a poor mans adam dunn lol

what are some of your's?? post up I love reading and trying some other peoples players they have always stuck with for the years or found!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
Rookie

ZOMB13AUTOPILOT's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Your underrated player?

The guys that I think are underrated in the league are:

Jorge Cantu: he has huge power in the right spots an can play pretty much all over the field. He doesn't get too much of a shot in San Diego right now.

Bill Hall: He had one heck of a year with Milwaukee a couple years ago, but hasn't really put it together since. Now, being in Houston doesn't really help him.

Jonny Gomes: He's always been kind of a "feast or famine" guy, but I really think he's starting to show the true all-around player that he is in Cincy.

Jose Bautista: I don't really think he's underrated anymore with that HUGE season he had last year, but back when he played for the Pirates, I always liked watching him. You could tell he had some power, but he hadn't unleashed it in all it's fury yet.

Aaron Rowand: He got some play time this year with Cody Ross being out in the beginning of the year. This guy can flat out rake. And he's not a horrible outfielder either.

NFL: Minnesota Vikings

NBA: Chicago Bulls

NCAA: Arkansas Razorbacks
Old 05-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

Hitter - Mitch Moreland (I think it's his stance that I'm comfortable with. I see the ball really well when he's at the plate)

Pitcher - Mason Tobin (He shuts the door everytime)
Old 05-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #4
Pro

yankees028's Arena

I almost moreland he is tearing it up in the minors in my game and I'm always looking for a solid minors to make sure once some of my guys retire at the end of the season I have some potential fill ins
Old 05-06-2011, 06:33 PM   #5
Banned

heater41's Arena

OVR: 10

Taylor Tankersley, RP- The guy can outright "K" batters whether right or left handed!

Ike Davis- Nice swing from the left side allows you the ability in a fantasy draft to select him late and a different position earlier or trade for him with a huge guy like Votto or Pujols and reap the rewards of what you can get back with him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #6
Pro

yankees028's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by heater41
Taylor Tankersley, RP- The guy can outright "K" batters whether right or left handed!

Ike Davis- Nice swing from the left side allows you the ability in a fantasy draft to select him late and a different position earlier or trade for him with a huge guy like Votto or Pujols and reap the rewards of what you can get back with him.

agree 100% with taylor lol guy is a legit RP. I always look for players like him as RP. If i have had luck with them most likly they will be in my bullpen. Current bullpen in my chise is

andrew miller
joel peralta
jason bulger
jared burton
grant belfour

all players I have always stuck with and no matter what game what system I always feel comfortable when I put them in
Old 05-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

This doesn't directly relate to the thread, but...

But Boone...mutha sumptin'...Logan!

An anomoly for sure, but through 19 games...

Money in the bank.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #8
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Big one for me, Craig Kimbrel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »