Home

Gameplay/Presentation for MLB12

This is a discussion on Gameplay/Presentation for MLB12 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 03:12 AM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Gameplay/Presentation for MLB12

When you're pitching using a camera behind the pitcher's back, the info menu that appears when you hit Select ought to display the hot/cold zones relative to the camera. As it is, it displays them from the batter's perspective always.

I don't see why it's considered a negative thing when you're warming up and you throw a pitch that's barely called a ball; it's not a bad thing to throw a pitch in a location like that. It also doesn't make much sense for the variable strike zone to be applied to the warmup pitches; I've had that hurt me several times, and it's a bit annoying.

It would be nice if there were some place in Franchise/Season mode to view players' energies without having to select the next game and almost start it. It would be nice to show the energies in one of the normal menus instead so that it's easier to plan ahead.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:52 AM   #194
Rookie

OVR: 5

Hi guys. This thread is fantastic reading and really whets the appetite for what MLB 12 may hold. I have a couple of suggestions that I will take some time to outline below:

1) STATS STATS STATS! Baseball is a game of numbers. It was the reason fantasy sports were invented and there is a metric to measure every single part of the game. I really wish developers would use numbers more in the presentation and gameplay. I know that 2K do a fantastic job with this and I'd love to see Sony follow suit.

There are ANY number of stats that can be added to the commentary/overlays/menus/load screens etc... but the main one that I want to see is pitcher vs batter. How AMAZING would it be if you could see how you fare against certain arms? By hitting 'pause' you could see that Albert Pujols (for example) is x for y lifetime against Clayton Kershaw. Not only would it help you make your lineups, but it would just be a very cool touch that would enhance the presentation greatly.

2) I was recently in the United States and visited my first ever ballparks. Although I've followed the sport for 15+ years, I've never been in the US during the season. On my trip I did a tour of Dodger Stadium, saw a football game at AT&T Park and Game 1 of the World Series at Busch.

What I'd love to see Sony do is throw to cut-aways of landscapes, city views and icons of certain ballparks. While driving up the hill to the peak of Dodger Stadium for the first time, I thought it would be awesome if between innings, or before a game, The Show would cut to a panoramic view of downtown Los Angeles. I understand it may be a lot of development work for a few seconds, but just thought I'd throw the idea out there to see how it was received. Of course baseball is about what happens inside the park, but when watching TV, how many times do you see the network cut away to show local icons, people, venues etc.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #195
MC2
Rookie

OVR: 0

In Edit Player, the players are wearing their uniforms. The option of a white sleeve a la Carlos Santana or Dustin Pedroia.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2011, 10:30 PM   #196
MVP

tnixen's Arena

More Gameplay fixes needed!

I have noticed that a lot of times when you move your fielder to the circle where the ball is going to land the fielder sometimes go past the circle even though I moved him right over the circle. And because of this the fielder does not catch the ball. This happens more times then I would like.

I guess the best way to explain this is the fielders are too jumpy when moving them with the left stick. They don't always stop where you want them too. This issue causes a lot of over running balls in the field of play.

Another issue I see often is when there is a little chopper in front of Home Plate its very hard for the catcher to field the ball a lot of times. Like he just can not pick it up fast enough.

Please ask Sony if these issues will be fixed.

Last edited by tnixen; 10-28-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:38 PM   #197
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Gameplay issue!

Maybe its just me but I really think the CPU batters seem to swing to much at the first pitch. I get 3 pitch out innings more then it would happen in real life.

I think CPU batters should be a little more patient at the plate.

Maybe a little AI tweak is needed?
Old 10-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #198
MVP

tnixen's Arena

One more Gameplay issue!

Too many hard hit balls up the middle are hit off the pitchers body. And then the ball rolls a way from the pitcher and then the pitcher fields the ball and usually is able to throw the batter out out first base.

Its like the pitchers in MLB 11 The Show are NHL Goalies

Most of these hits should be base hits to center field but because the pitchers are like NHL Goalies its costing batters base hits.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:31 AM   #199
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
One more Gameplay issue!

Too many hard hit balls up the middle are hit off the pitchers body. And then the ball rolls a way from the pitcher and then the pitcher fields the ball and usually is able to throw the batter out out first base.

Its like the pitchers in MLB 11 The Show are NHL Goalies

Most of these hits should be base hits to center field but because the pitchers are like NHL Goalies its costing batters base hits.
Too go along with this if the ball does hit the pitcher once in a while. Please add injuries to the pitchers. I had my starter get hit in the head in a recent game and he rolled around on the mound acting like he was shot. After that he just got up and continued on with the inning and game.

Sorry if this was said before but it is very annoying to see so many pitchers get hit by line drives and balls up the middle only to have the pitcher stay in the game.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:08 AM   #200
Rookie

OVR: 2

1. I would like a button to cut off a throw. Not just a cutoff man button but such as when I throw home from right field and realize I am not going to get him and I want to cut it off and catch the guy going to second.

2. Injuries to players hit by batted balls. ie. concussions, broken toes, bruised elbows.

3. Can fans reaching over the rail please field the balls once in awhile.

Last edited by lildrehawk; 10-30-2011 at 07:08 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »