Home

MLB 13 The Show Q & A Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Q & A Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #1425
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 13 The Show Q & A Thread

Couple questions for '13 franchise mode:
1. Can we sign our players to contract extensions during the season, and if so, where?
2. After the draft where do we go to put these guys on our minor league rosters?
Gal 2:20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #1426
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack4070
Couple questions for '13 franchise mode:
1. Can we sign our players to contract extensions during the season, and if so, where?
2. After the draft where do we go to put these guys on our minor league rosters?
1. No...no mid season extensions.
2. They do not appear in your organization until the following season.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 06-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #1427
Rookie

OVR: 5

Can anyone remember whether the Tokyo Dome was included in MLB 12 since the season opened in Japan?

The NSW government just announced the 2014 season would open with a series between the Dodgers and Diamondbacks in Sydney, Australia and it would be awesome to see the SCG in MLB 14.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #1428
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair
Can anyone remember whether the Tokyo Dome was included in MLB 12 since the season opened in Japan?

The NSW government just announced the 2014 season would open with a series between the Dodgers and Diamondbacks in Sydney, Australia and it would be awesome to see the SCG in MLB 14.
It was not. It's probably not so easy getting rights to those stadiums
Old 06-13-2013, 05:05 AM   #1429
Rookie

OVR: 0

A. Longtime OS forums and dynasty follower but never posted B. NCAAFB fanactic who needs some help understanding the why's of baseball. Like why can a guy only play CF and not the corners or what " Olt's bat won't work at first base" means. If someone could post a link to a helpful thread it would be appreciated.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #1430
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornFan78
A. Longtime OS forums and dynasty follower but never posted B. NCAAFB fanactic who needs some help understanding the why's of baseball. Like why can a guy only play CF and not the corners or what " Olt's bat won't work at first base" means. If someone could post a link to a helpful thread it would be appreciated.
Those are some nuances of the sport that's not clear just from the rules but you tend to pick up by playing/watching more. I think a natural CF playing corner outfield positions is doable, but batted balls tend to travel differently to CF and RF/LF, so it's not just a matter of moving positions... And first base is thought of as a position for an offensive player who's naturally less talented in fielding, because it doesn't quite require speed (corner infielders don't need to be speedy since range is less of an issue due to "shots" they tend to need to field), but he probably should be good at catching (often poorly made) throws, have a big/tall build to be a good throwing target for other infielders. All these factors tend to make first base a good position for offense-only players overall.

I tend to think Wikipedia entries are good start for something like this. Not always accurate or in depths, but they give you sufficient resources to look further if needed. Or hearing commentary on TV/mlb.com videos, etc.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #1431
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks I will look into Wikipedia. My problem is when I do franchise I always end up with 5 OF's and I'm not sure which skill sets work best. And my batting order is probably a mess outside the 1 and 3 spot. Anyways thanks for the response.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #1432
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

Sorry if this has been addressed somewhere..but I can't seem to figure out how to load my profile settings from a game loaded off a previously saved game. I'm jumping into a game in the 8th inning and all my gameplay settings are gone. I can't seem to load my profile that has the settings the way I like. I'm talking about things like batting and pitching difficulty/guess pitch, etc... I can load sliders no problem. But my saved profile settings are nowhere to be found.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »