Home

MLB 13 The Show Q & A Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Q & A Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2013, 12:29 AM   #1433
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 13 The Show Q & A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
Sorry if this has been addressed somewhere..but I can't seem to figure out how to load my profile settings from a game loaded off a previously saved game. I'm jumping into a game in the 8th inning and all my gameplay settings are gone. I can't seem to load my profile that has the settings the way I like. I'm talking about things like batting and pitching difficulty/guess pitch, etc... I can load sliders no problem. But my saved profile settings are nowhere to be found.
I don't think the gameplay setting that you *modified within a regular game* is saved anywhere. IIRC what happens when you modify hitting/pitching difficulties etc. within a game is that the game prompts you that the settings have changed, and whether you'd like to save or not. If you saved a franchise game during a game, I believe the setting gets lost... I think that's what I remember.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:49 AM   #1434
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I don't think the gameplay setting that you *modified within a regular game* is saved anywhere. IIRC what happens when you modify hitting/pitching difficulties etc. within a game is that the game prompts you that the settings have changed, and whether you'd like to save or not. If you saved a franchise game during a game, I believe the setting gets lost... I think that's what I remember.
Thanks. Maybe so. It's not just a regular game. If I start up a season game it lets me set up my default profile settings...but when I have to quit that game and resume it later it doesn't let me reload them. I have to do it all manually...unless I'm missing something. So yeah..you're right. I'm not sure why the settings don't save..particularly when you can load them from every other mode via your saved profile settings. Minor thing..but annoying for sure.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:07 AM   #1435
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
Thanks. Maybe so. It's not just a regular game. If I start up a season game it lets me set up my default profile settings...but when I have to quit that game and resume it later it doesn't let me reload them. I have to do it all manually...unless I'm missing something. So yeah..you're right. I'm not sure why the settings don't save..particularly when you can load them from every other mode via your saved profile settings. Minor thing..but annoying for sure.
Oh, you should actually create and save your gameplay profile under User Setting or something thing like that, *outside* regular games. Then before you start up a regular game, you should set the profile you wish to use as default (or assign the right profile on the team select screen). That way you don't have to change within each game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2013, 01:55 AM   #1436
Just started!

OVR: 0

I have a question about RTTS. When I began RTTS, after I hit the ball in play, the camera stayed with the runner while still being able to see the ball. You could hit L1 (ps3) to look at the 3rd base coach, Up on the left stick to advance, down to retreat back to the base. Now out of nowhere its not following the base runner at all. It zooms out to broadcast view as soon as I hit the ball. I can't get the base runner to advance with up on the left stick anymore. I think advance is X because it vibrates whenever push X. On top of that, anytime I'm not playing a game in the main menu, the controller has become SUPER sensitive. I don't think I changed anything in settings or gameplay. I don't know what the hell is going on. Help please
Old 06-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #1437
Rookie

What changes have they made from 12 because I didn't buy it but am curious about what they changed
Old 06-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #1438
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2504
I have a question about RTTS. When I began RTTS, after I hit the ball in play, the camera stayed with the runner while still being able to see the ball. You could hit L1 (ps3) to look at the 3rd base coach, Up on the left stick to advance, down to retreat back to the base. Now out of nowhere its not following the base runner at all. It zooms out to broadcast view as soon as I hit the ball. I can't get the base runner to advance with up on the left stick anymore. I think advance is X because it vibrates whenever push X. On top of that, anytime I'm not playing a game in the main menu, the controller has become SUPER sensitive. I don't think I changed anything in settings or gameplay. I don't know what the hell is going on. Help please
Are you holding L2?
Old 06-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #1439
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixTN
Are you holding L2?
No. It only does it some of the time. If I turn on the game and the buttons are sensitive, the camera doesn't follow the hitter. So when the buttons are sensitive, I just restart the game until they are not sensitive and the camera is normal. I bought the game through the playstation store. That might have something to do with it.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #1440
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2504
No. It only does it some of the time. If I turn on the game and the buttons are sensitive, the camera doesn't follow the hitter. So when the buttons are sensitive, I just restart the game until they are not sensitive and the camera is normal. I bought the game through the playstation store. That might have something to do with it.
I suspect your controller is going bad. Do you experience the same with another controller?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »