Home

unimpressed with videos so far

This is a discussion on unimpressed with videos so far within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
Rookie

bautistabomb's Arena

OVR: 10
unimpressed with videos so far

With many gameplay videos now released I must say I am a bit underwhelmed with the gameplay. Looks virtually identical to 12. Commentary is exactly the same and I didnt really notice anything different with the supposed new ball physics 2.0. Some of the new osds are nice like the score bug, but gameplay wise it looks like it plays exactly like last year. Hopefully they didnt make the game too hitter friendly this year. I usually play on HOF mode for both pitching and hitting but it appears as though pitch speed has been slowed a few notches and the pitchers seem to leave a lot of pitches over the heart of the plate. Thank god for sliders as im sure ill find a set that can produce realistic results.

This is in no way a shot at the developers as I still think this is by far the best sport game on any console. Looks like lots of improvements were made in franchise. I guess gameplay was just not a major focus this year. Proud owner since mlb 06.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #2
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: unimpressed with videos so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bautistabomb
With many gameplay videos now released I must say I am a bit underwhelmed with the gameplay. Looks virtually identical to 12. Commentary is exactly the same and I didnt really notice anything different with the supposed new ball physics 2.0. Some of the new osds are nice like the score bug, but gameplay wise it looks like it plays exactly like last year. Hopefully they didnt make the game too hitter friendly this year. I usually play on HOF mode for both pitching and hitting but it appears as though pitch speed has been slowed a few notches and the pitchers seem to leave a lot of pitches over the heart of the plate. Thank god for sliders as im sure ill find a set that can produce realistic results.

This is in no way a shot at the developers as I still think this is by far the best sport game on any console. Looks like lots of improvements were made in franchise. I guess gameplay was just not a major focus this year. Proud owner since mlb 06.
You might play it first before making any judgements, JMO
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 03-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I feel the same. But, I will say this; I have felt that way on almost every release. I would always say it doesn't look that much different, then I played and I can never go back to the older ones. So, I'm sure this year will be the same. Don't worry.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #4
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Ok, thanks for telling us. Are you looking for a response? Not too sure what the purpose of the thread is?

Last edited by nemesis04; 03-01-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

This should be fun. I hope you have thick skin bautistabomb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #6
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

So you want the game play redone?? If it's not broke why re-do it? A lot of work has been done on the AI and in the modes themselves. Its unrealistic to expect them to redo the game play every year when it's near perfect.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

You do realize these games have only 1 inning played in those videos right?
Old 03-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #8
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

It's baseball. What do you expect? Shooting stars from every home run. Outfielders jumping 20ft high to rob HRs?

Honestly how different can a game of baseball really get? It is already an incredible representation of the sport.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »