Home

MLB 13 The Show Video - Baltimore Orioles vs. Cleveland Indians

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video - Baltimore Orioles vs. Cleveland Indians within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #57
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video - Baltimore Orioles vs. Cleveland Indians

I get why people feel the way they do, I really do. We all know what the law of diminishing returns is. The gen has been so long and devs can only stretch yearly releases so far.

We all have our little things that bother us. Most of my issues are presentation wise. Progressive Field is still not very accurate, no Tito (yet), and the commentary needs a complete overhaul. But its hard to argue with the gameplay. Its great. But the law of diminishing returns and the hardware once again say that there won't be huge leaps. As consumers we should know what we are getting because of this.

From what I have seen so far the game looks great. I love the new swing animations. Ball physics look good. And maybe its just me, but it looks like the players uniforms move a little more.

Now, I do understand why people aren't happy with the game anymore. Your opinions are encouraged and valued. Its just that there is that fine line between being disruptive about it, and being constructive about it.

And lets not kid ourselves. We all are stoked for the PS4 version next year. But this is not the thread to discus that in any form, so lets drop that.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #58
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I love this argument.
So anyone that says anything in response....shouldn't, right?

Nobody is telling him to "shut up".
I'm just saying reserve your opinions on gameplay until you've played.
What don't you get about that?

But...have at it....

M.K.
Knight165
O I agree with you on not commenting on the gameplay until ive actually played it. But all my comments in this thread were about the graphics not the gameplay which is awesome by the way
Old 03-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I love this argument.
So anyone that says anything in response....shouldn't, right?

Nobody is telling him to "shut up".
I'm just saying reserve your opinions on gameplay until you've played.
What don't you get about that?

But...have at it....

M.K.
Knight165
Well I would argue that especially in the week leading up to release lots of guys anxious to get the game in hand are on here devouring all the content being made available since it helps tide us over until we can actually play.

If you acknowledge this you should also be able to acknowledge that 1) people will form opinions based on what they see and 2) they will discuss it since this is a...wait for it...discussion board about the game.

What's the point of watching and absorbing the content if you can't express an opinion on what you are watching? I think open discussion should be welcome as long as it is constructive which in this case it was. However the pattern around here is that any opinion of the game that isn't 100 positive is vocally disregarded as much as possible using arguments like the one being used in this case. There is a definite bias in here and it is frustrating.

Last edited by Drew127; 03-02-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
I guess it's a crime to have an opinion. I happen to agree with the points he made. No one said anything out of line and I thought it was well-written and raised valid points. People on this board are ridiculous.

So by your logic, I must view the game as flawless. If I don't view it as flawless I should shut up and not buy it.

That won't be happening. I will buy the game and enjoy it. But I can and will comprehend how this game can and will get better on PS4.

I think the game will be great, but the technical limitations holding it back are more than apparent at this point and while I won't let these factors stop me from getting the most of the game this year, there is nothing wrong with acknowledging these things.
Both of you are complaining that the game hasn't made improvements and that you're bored with it waiting till the next system drops next year

I've seen you bashing the game that hasn't even game came out yet on every thread
Old 03-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP9072
Both of you are complaining that the game hasn't made improvements and that you're bored with it waiting till the next system drops next year

I've seen you bashing the game that hasn't even game came out yet on every thread
Bashing is a term used loosely here, as in if it isn't praise and worship it's bashing. I love the game. Buy it every year. Enjoy it every year. But I can and will talk about things that can be improved, for some reason it gets construed as being completely negative and hating on the game. That isn't the tone I'm going for at all. I love the Orioles but also talk freely about what they can do to improve...doesn't mean I love them any less.

I am also not claiming the game has made no improvements. I never thought that let alone said it. But thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Last edited by Drew127; 03-02-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #62
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27

Love the video but why do I get a feeling there's less commentary than the last games?
Old 03-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
Bashing is a term used loosely here, as in if it isn't praise and worship it's bashing. I love the game. Buy it every year. Enjoy it every year. But I can and will talk about things that can be improved and point them out.
Yea, we get that. You only have to do it once though.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 46

Sorry guys but someone doesn't have to spend 65 dollars just to have an opinion about this game. 12 videos willl suffice. Especially people like me and tnixen who have bought every single Show ever. We can see changes even in a grainy youtube vid.
Why doesn't everybody go and tell the people saying how great the videos are so far, to 'wait until you play it first'? Why would you say that though?
Stop telling them to buy it first.
This is why a demo is needed.

Don't really want to derail this thread any further, but my god..
Every year, nobody can say anything bad about this damn game.
It utterly ridiculous.

Do people really need to get on tnixen? I see this guy on here, very enthusiastically putting forth his hopes for this game, even to the point of excess.
The man love the game and wants it to be the best, but he sees things in the vids, as me and other do, that we aren't happy with.
Sorry that those comments put uric acids in your cheerios.
And sorry for going a bit out of the baseline guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »