Home

Runners slowing down rounding third

This is a discussion on Runners slowing down rounding third within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2013, 04:21 AM   #9
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Runners slowing down rounding third

I don't know if it is because this, but I get thrown out at home all the time. Way too hard to score from 2nd on a basehit. Even with an good speed guy. They will seem to be well on their way.. and then the throw, and my runner isn't even close.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:00 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
There is no bug here, this year has a new momentum based base running animation core. If you don't send him to the next base before the halfway mark runners will not make a smooth rounding path. They will need to slow down and gather themselves since they are running from a straight line.
If this is what's happening, that's incredible and I commend you.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #11
Rookie

rp05ev's Arena

OVR: 1

just press triangle and the down arrow on number pad if you have a runner and 2nd and got a base hit.

compared to last year, i think you have to keep holding L1 button for them to run without stopping. or else i think they stop at the base and you have to hit L1 again for them to keep going, which kills their speed momentum.

talking about classic controls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #12
Rookie

vegaas's Arena

OVR: 5

I love the new baserunning momentum. You have to decide early on if you are going for the extra base early on. Runner on second and a line drive to center, you have to make the decision right then, am I sending him home or not. Much more realistic, imo.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #13
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
There is no bug here, this year has a new momentum based base running animation core. If you don't send him to the next base before the halfway mark runners will not make a smooth rounding path. They will need to slow down and gather themselves since they are running from a straight line.
Is it exactly halfway to the next base? I can see why people are having trouble scoring from second if the ball is hit, they know they want to send the runner, but he's already half way to third.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #14
Rookie

PhillyWhat2011's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm at work-- anywhere I can find a tutorial on how to run the bases without just using L1?
Old 03-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #15
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Does the CPU often not "send him to the next base before the halfway mark" as well, at least on base hits with a runner on second? Or is it all play-contingent?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #16
Banned

CJ10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
This isnt how a situation like that would work for a baserunner in real life though, at least not a skilled baserunner. When you are on 2nd base and take off for third you swing out a little and approach 3rd at an angle so you can either stop if your base coach tells you to or hit the bag with your right foot and head on home. you NEVER slow down coming to the base if you are being waved home. When I was running from 2nd and my base coach was waving me home I never slowed down coming towards 3rd and then hit the bag accelerated back to full speed once I passed 3rd base.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »