Home

Quick Count Pitch Counts

This is a discussion on Quick Count Pitch Counts within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Quick Count Pitch Counts

Saint401... Slider adjustments will certainly fix the problem.. I am now averaging about 10 to 15, 3 and 2 counts per game. and this also lowers pitchers pitch count.. I have moved CPU pitcher strike up one notch, Human and CPU foul frequency down -3 notches. Human and CPU starter down -2 notches, and human and CPU reliever down -3 notches.. I have moved up CPU pitch control +1 and CPU strike frequency +1... This has helped greatly as counts and most pitchers are getting into the 7th inn with an ave of 70 to 90 pitches.. This is for QC pitching.. Try it,, if you find your not getting enough counts, you can either lower CPU pitch control, or Cpu Strike frequency one notch.. to your liking.. I think you will find this very enjoyable.. Try it, you have nothing to lose and let me know what you think.. Hope this helps.. I have also noticed that when analyzing batter or pitcher.. If you pitcher has thrown 90 pitches, the analyzer will only show the # of pitches you have actually pitched.. I don't know if this is by design or a flaw..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #26
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

It's good to know that sliders can effect QC because from my experiences so far, QC = 3 and 2.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:33 PM   #27
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

I drew 8 walks in my first game using QCs...I'm sold!
Old 04-03-2014, 08:33 PM   #28
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I would like to see the majority of QC's to be 2-1 & 1-2.
Maybe in a percentage of something along these line:
2-1 = 20%
1-2 = 20%
2-2 = 15%
1-1 = 15%
0-1 = 5%
3-1 = 5%
3-0 = 5%
3-2 = 5%
0-2 = 5%

& to be added in the future:
no count = 1%
1-0 = 2%
2-0 = 2%
#44Syracuse
One's convicted, the other's a born liar.
Instead of George and Reggie, Billy Martin could have been talking about Donald and Joe.
Nov. 5, Choose: None of the Above
Old 04-03-2014, 09:26 PM   #29
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
It's good to know that sliders can effect QC because from my experiences so far, QC = 3 and 2.
Has not been the case for me in half a dozen quick count games.

In my mot recent one with CC…had three 3-2 counts over 7.1 innings with him.

Ran into one 3-2 count with my bullpen in 2 2/3 innings.

Keep playing man……it's really good.

Start on ALL-Star Default and work your pitching and CPU hitting sliders from there to get it where you feel it's playing good…for you.

I am in the process of hardcore testing QC as sliders for a full game are already done. That was easy as usual as the team has again done a marvelous job with this game out of the box.

I am really testing starter stamina, CPU Strike Frequency and consistency and CPU hitting……I am very happy with my human settings on my set (check my slider thread if you want for my base All-Star set) keep in mind I use timed and classic pitching….I can't speak for any other interface.

The game is freaking awesome.
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-03-2014, 09:28 PM   #30
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Okay, I think I did misread the post that I was responding to (somehow swapped strikes and balls numbers...). These numbers are not particularly typical, indeed, if what he was seeing is happening on average.

But the overall pitch count per inning on average is 15 - 16 pitches per inning, so a starter throwing like 75 pitches or a bit more through 5th is fairly common.

I think what bcruise touched upon in another thread is an important point. That is, the premise of the mode is that the batter puts balls in play (or walks or strikes out) quickly after whatever count is given, so if you are generally patient you probably are not going to get the benefits of QC as much in the "realism" department, and those who are selective and patient probably run into deeper counts and high pitch count more often than they would like, simply because of their ability to lay off and foul off pitches after the pitcher has already thrown a few pitches. It is basically an assist mechanism for putting a batter into deeper count to start off, for those who tend not to take pitches as often as real-life ballplayers do.

So the results likely really depend on what kind of you player you are. In general, I'm extremely patient, so I don't see myself playing very realistically with QC. But if you are hacker (most players are), then QC makes up for their impatience.

Legit point. I am a patient hitter too…..but everything depends on the matchup, the situation etc as well. I have been getting both pitchers duals and some offensive outbursts. Great variety.

Yes pitch counts are running a little higher here and there….but sliders can help alleviate that with some testing.

But overall? The game plays very well on both QC and traditional game play….just really fine tuned this year IMO.
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-03-2014, 11:21 PM   #31
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Has not been the case for me in half a dozen quick count games.

In my mot recent one with CC…had three 3-2 counts over 7.1 innings with him.

Ran into one 3-2 count with my bullpen in 2 2/3 innings.

Keep playing man……it's really good.

Start on ALL-Star Default and work your pitching and CPU hitting sliders from there to get it where you feel it's playing good…for you.

I am in the process of hardcore testing QC as sliders for a full game are already done. That was easy as usual as the team has again done a marvelous job with this game out of the box.

I am really testing starter stamina, CPU Strike Frequency and consistency and CPU hitting……I am very happy with my human settings on my set (check my slider thread if you want for my base All-Star set) keep in mind I use timed and classic pitching….I can't speak for any other interface.

The game is freaking awesome.
I didn't phrase it right....I meant that the count eventually ended up at 3-2 to almost every batter. Matter of fact, I've yet to see the first pitch after the count was generated be put into play. Small sample size admittedly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2014, 12:21 AM   #32
Pro

TeixeiraFanatic's Arena

OVR: 14

I decided to count how many 3 ball counts I encountered in my latest game.

I had 8 3-2 counts generated for me in the first 13 batters faced. 2 to each of the first 4 hitters in the lineup. I had one at-bat generated that had as many strikes as balls to start off. By the 3rd inning, Miller had 60 pitches with 35 of them being balls. I'm going to just play without QC from now on.

I absolutely love the feature but my experience with it has only led to frustration.
NCAA: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »