Home

How does the game play online?

This is a discussion on How does the game play online? within the MLB The Show Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2014, 10:38 PM   #1
Pro

indcolts18288's Arena

OVR: 2
How does the game play online?

I have only played a handful of online games when it comes to the show. Biggest reason is the lag and you really need to train your eye to be any good at hitting in this game and playing online on PS3 would scew that up. However, with the PS4 having dedicated servers I'm wondering how the lag is now? Thanks guys!
Blackhawks fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2014, 07:39 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: How does the game play online?

I played a game last night and it was absolutely horrible. The lag was there, which I'm used to, but when the ball is hit the whole screen jumps to advance the ball making it almost impossible to field the ball or get a fielder to the ball. I'm guessing it's a frame rate issue because even on foul balls I noticed the screen jumped and the catcher was disappearing and reappearing by the back stop. I was not impressed at all, which I'm sad about because I was looking forward to playing some games online with this game. Offline I love it!
Old 05-10-2014, 02:13 PM   #3
Rookie

McKnight2915's Arena

OVR: 0

Played a game online with a friend last night. Rangers (me) vs. Padres.

First couple innings were laggy but it smoothed out. Once it did it was enjoyable. I found it easier to hit with pure analog online. May just be me though
Old 05-10-2014, 04:49 PM   #4
Rookie

This was my take that i posted in a similar thread in one of the other areas:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...p?p=2046213631

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2014, 05:01 PM   #5
Rookie

guitarDADDY1208's Arena

OVR: 7

It is still far from perfect from what I've noticed there is less lag while hitting and pitching but that lag has transferred over to fielding and base running. There is still a timing issue with hitting IMO the game says I'm swinging early but looks like I'm actually late so you just need to find a rhythm. One very nasty bug that my friends and I have experienced came in base running. The person on defense was seeing the proper animations but the runner saw the ball thrown very high and slow in the air giving the illusion that you'd be able to advance base (friend got thrown out at home and was actually tagged out midway down the line but what he saw was his runner slide in safely but called out). The fielding bug has not been a common occurrence but needs to be addressed. Overall I feel like the game has made small strides to improve online play but there is obviously still work to be done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2014, 06:09 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarDADDY1208
It is still far from perfect from what I've noticed there is less lag while hitting and pitching but that lag has transferred over to fielding and base running. There is still a timing issue with hitting IMO the game says I'm swinging early but looks like I'm actually late so you just need to find a rhythm. One very nasty bug that my friends and I have experienced came in base running. The person on defense was seeing the proper animations but the runner saw the ball thrown very high and slow in the air giving the illusion that you'd be able to advance base (friend got thrown out at home and was actually tagged out midway down the line but what he saw was his runner slide in safely but called out). The fielding bug has not been a common occurrence but needs to be addressed. Overall I feel like the game has made small strides to improve online play but there is obviously still work to be done.

I'm with you on the hitting...I had a helluva time in one game today, more so than in any of the others I've played. Apparently I was early on everything, but it didn't look that way to me. I guess I need to wait a hair longer. As for base running, I've resorted to not really taking chances and just trusting that my "button pushes" will register correctly regardless of what I'm actually seeing. I've not had any fielding issues at all yet...I've misplayed a couple of fly balls, but that was me not the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2014, 11:10 AM   #7
Rookie

canes2008's Arena

OVR: 9

I tried to play a franchise game last night ket freezing after fouling pitches off it's awful
Old 05-13-2014, 10:10 PM   #8
Rookie

Rex Appeal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarDADDY1208

This. Right now base running is so hard because you simply can't trust what you see the ball do. You might see the ball go past an outfielder when in reality he caught it. You're almost forced to play station to station, which isn't much fun. I agree with the timing on hitting as well.

If they can straighten out these things online will be as awesome as the rest of the game. Hope it happens soon!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Online »