Home

2023 off season roster

This is a discussion on 2023 off season roster within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2022, 05:17 PM   #9
Rookie

BarfytheOwl's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2023 off season roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Now that movement is happening I am tempted to actually now do a off season roster for the new year, sitting at home with Covid I do have some free time this week.

The only issue is unlike the last 2 years I really am not set on playing it in the offseason knowing I really want to wait for 23 to start a new one with the new playoff system and schedules, that is the ONLY thing holding me back, if they said Y2Y saves were happening I would start today to make it perfect.

we usually don't get any info till after the super bowl so that would be mid Feb.
Sorry you've got covid man, I've had it twice and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hope you start to feel better soon.

As for the roster, it's really up to your discretion tbh. I'm probably sticking with 22 unless SDS *really* blows me away with their content reveals for 23, so I can say with certainty that I and others who feel the same would appreciate anyone doing any work for a 23 season roster.

I'm sure that someone will put one out if you don't, it seems like a lot of people are on the "wait and see" train with The Show this upcoming iteration.

Buffalo Bills, Toronto Blue Jays, Ottawa Senators, Milwaukee Bucks

Currently listening to: Veil of Maya

Currently listening to: Ice Nine Kills

PSN: Sentient_Ooze
Old 12-08-2022, 05:24 PM   #10
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfanbs91
I have been working on one myself as moves happen (I mostly play exhibition so I really have only done position player changes so far and I just make sure to use starting pitchers on the team currently). I have been using the site Roster Resource. Thinking about pushing through and making all the pitching adds and subtractions soon. I can't remember what the base was for this roster but I'm like 99% sure it was the OSFM post-trade deadline roster.

The only problem is, this would strictly be for Exhibition use only as you will see random players on random teams minor league teams and I am not even messing with the lineups in the minors. But the MLB team would be current.

Yeah the time consuming part is editing the service time and contracts. I remember last year that took me hours of work. the line-ups is the last thing to do, the swapping and moving players around and the fact the A Class players don't show to swap is a real pain in the ***!! that is why the lineups are always left till last you have to move a class A guy to AA just for him to show to move around therefore then screwing your lineups. it drove me nuts last year to the point of wasting time to do lineups everytime
Old 12-09-2022, 09:34 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah the time consuming part is editing the service time and contracts. I remember last year that took me hours of work. the line-ups is the last thing to do, the swapping and moving players around and the fact the A Class players don't show to swap is a real pain in the ***!! that is why the lineups are always left till last you have to move a class A guy to AA just for him to show to move around therefore then screwing your lineups. it drove me nuts last year to the point of wasting time to do lineups everytime
Yeah, I'm not even going to worry about service time and contracts. It's strictly to tide myself (and others if I decide to release it) until the release of '23. People will see random players I just needed to move be able to add players on teams. It's already bitten me a couple of times and I had to use the "Player Search" function a few times already haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2022, 12:26 PM   #12
Rookie

Might release my roster some time this week. I've said this before but it will not be perfect and only used for MLB exhibition games.
Old 12-14-2022, 02:55 PM   #13
Rookie

Getting pretty close with my set. Knocked out the ALE, NLE, ALW, and NLW. I ripped off a band-aid and did the Pirates as well. My White Sox are also up to date as I've been playing with them this off-season so I only really have to do 8 teams.

I have been using the website Roster Resource as a reference. One other thing to note is if I can't find a guy taken in the Rule 5 draft in the roster set I started with, I just replace him with another guy in the organization.

Not the best roster set as random guys will be on teams just to fill minor league teams but works perfectly fine for MLB Exhibition games.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:12 PM   #14
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfanbs91
Getting pretty close with my set. Knocked out the ALE, NLE, ALW, and NLW. I ripped off a band-aid and did the Pirates as well. My White Sox are also up to date as I've been playing with them this off-season so I only really have to do 8 teams.

I have been using the website Roster Resource as a reference. One other thing to note is if I can't find a guy taken in the Rule 5 draft in the roster set I started with, I just replace him with another guy in the organization.

Not the best roster set as random guys will be on teams just to fill minor league teams but works perfectly fine for MLB Exhibition games.
Yeah I understand the random guys problem its the way the stupid roster system is designed what I used to do last year was create a player called----empty Slot---- I would remove the retired players and legends swap them in with a player from free agents then import over the legend or retired player with that empty slot.. eventually you build a team. and it is just a matter of moving the empty slots around like tiles. and its how you don't end up with random players

during the lookout last year just about every team had about 10 empty slots that could have been used all class A.. that is the way I got around it. its a complete utter pain having to put a empty slot to AA to move them though why the game will never changed their roster system after a decade of it I will never know.

it can't be that hard to have a 'release player to free agents' option. at least give us 10 slots to be able to do that for each team because the class A guys are useless anyway and not used. then the AAA AA and Majors lineups will never be effected at all and you are just having 10 players to release and add at the same time.. this is how I would fix the roster system up would make life easier.now every player is a real player it is stupid to have a swap for swap system.
Old 12-16-2022, 01:22 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah I understand the random guys problem its the way the stupid roster system is designed what I used to do last year was create a player called----empty Slot---- I would remove the retired players and legends swap them in with a player from free agents then import over the legend or retired player with that empty slot.. eventually you build a team. and it is just a matter of moving the empty slots around like tiles. and its how you don't end up with random players

during the lookout last year just about every team had about 10 empty slots that could have been used all class A.. that is the way I got around it. its a complete utter pain having to put a empty slot to AA to move them though why the game will never changed their roster system after a decade of it I will never know.

it can't be that hard to have a 'release player to free agents' option. at least give us 10 slots to be able to do that for each team because the class A guys are useless anyway and not used. then the AAA AA and Majors lineups will never be effected at all and you are just having 10 players to release and add at the same time.. this is how I would fix the roster system up would make life easier.now every player is a real player it is stupid to have a swap for swap system.
You could subtract players in MVP Baseball 2005 really easy. I wish it was easy in the newer games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2022, 01:24 PM   #16
Rookie

As of right now, my roster could be ready to release for MLB Exhibition games. I am going out of town in a couple hours so I will likely release it on Monday. I'll wait and see if there are any key moves over the next couple of days.

Edit: good thing I decided to wait. My White Sox are rumored to be close to signing Benintendi.

Last edited by soxfanbs91; 12-16-2022 at 01:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »