Home

Turn Back the Clock: 1975

This is a discussion on Turn Back the Clock: 1975 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2015, 11:39 PM   #17
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Turn Back the Clock: 1975

Man....I made the changes and then played a game on the PS3 with this set.
Some faces edited on the PS4(and I guess in essence created for the PS4 version) just do not translate well to the PS3.
I haven't played many PS3 games this year and I figured to give it a shot.
Now I really miss the classic stadiums on the PS4....because I don't know if I can go back to the PS3 version.

Anyway....onto the S.F. Giants.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 07-02-2015, 12:07 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Excellent thought Knight165.

In fact I purchased a copy of the PS3 version, which should arrive tomorrow, solely to check out the differences between it and the PS4 version.

I build my rosters on the PS4 as well and suspected CFs not to transfer very well but wanted to check it out personally which I will hopefully tomorrow.

I also wanted to see if the PS3 version displayed Baserunner windows, Pitchers pitch speed & executed Pickoff attempts in CPU vs CPU games as they are all absent in the PS4 version. Plus of course there are those Old Time Stadiums to enjoy on the PS3.

I think that is also perhaps the reason many people rate PS4 built rosters fairly lower than what should be expected because they are using them on a PS3 version and things just don't translate well.

Like You and Bigbie2010, I also edit the authentic fielding gloves, batting gloves & bats and want to see how those transfer over to a PS3 game.

Well, I guess I will find out tomorrow.

Thanks for all your Great Rosters Past, Present & Future,
Don
Old 07-02-2015, 03:47 AM   #19
Rookie

jermars666's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
Yes. Only the basic helmet allows for non flap helmets. Not sure why helmet type is locked???
Helmets.... I haven't quite tested this but a quick run-through on locked helmets I have seen have been on players imported from '14. When I created a player in '15 I could export that player and have the helmet not locked on what it was when created. That may be a thought. I haven't gotten to player creation point on my 2008 So I am not 100% certain.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:40 PM   #20
MVP

Well just checked out the differences between using a fully edited PS4 Built roster on a PS3 to same on a PS4.

Authentic Gloves & Bats are missing.
Slap hitting is missing in PS3.
Low Strirrups turn out to be Long Pants.
Daily Radio Show Recap is absent.
BUT .........
Old Time Staduims sure are nice to have !

Faces are a bit different but not too bad actually.

Guess I'll keep this PS3 version solely for those time I just long for seeing a game in one of those beautiful Classics Ballparks !
Old 07-05-2015, 12:19 AM   #21
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

S.F. Giants completed....onto the St. Louis Cardinals...

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2015, 01:41 AM   #22
MVP

Dave Parker PIT Throws Right
Old 07-06-2015, 04:56 PM   #23
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Thanks again don!

I guess my age is showing!
(although I think you're a bit older than me which scares me!)

I'll be finishing up the Cards tonight and moving on to the Cubbies.

I was really hoping to get the complete set done before I finish my vacation, but it looks not.
Don't fret...I will keep up nearly the same pace(I don't know if that's good or bad....
But it will be done pretty soon.

The good news is....I have another vacation in September....so I'll likely start another set then. '65 I guess.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 07-06-2015, 05:13 PM   #24
MVP

WoW ! '65 is smack damb in the middle of my sweet spot ! That will be unbelievable !

I am currently building my Late '60s ('65-'69) set to complement my previously released Early '60s ('60-'64) set. I fully expect to add to these two sets overtime and have plans for a total of 5 '60s type sets (60-61; 62-63; 64-65; 66-67; 68-69) along with a couple 70s and possibly even a late 50s set.

With year to year roster saves on the horizon one can anticipate building on these rosters for several years. Although at 66 years old perhaps I might not accomplish my ultimate goal but will push forward toward it as best I can. I truly enjoy doing these rosters.

I am really enjoying your '75 Playoff set. It is truly well done and I do consider it a WIP so don't concern yourself with the corrections. I'm still making corrections to my Early '60s set the more I play it.

Thanks Knight165 ....... You are truly a Master at this Stuff & bring endless hours of enjoyment to many !
Don

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »