Home

OSFM 2015: Detroit Tigers

This is a discussion on OSFM 2015: Detroit Tigers within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2015, 10:35 PM   #1
Pro

Ivanhoe's Arena

OVR: 4

Hello everyone,
I noticed that other OSFM roster threads are starting to pop up so I decided it was time to get started. I've started a Google Spreadsheet filled with Tiger's prospects. This isn't an exhaustive list and the Potential Grades are place holders to get us started.

At a first glance the Tigers farm system is thinner than last year. This isn't too much of a surprise considering that the front office used a lot of the top prospects in trades for Major League talent. Some of the other prospects were brought up to fill holes, i.e-Verhagen, Farmer, etc. Still, the results aren't pretty (Potential Players for the Roster):

A=0
B=11
C=50
D=83

I'm posting a link in this post to the spreadsheet. Feel free to look it over and give comments and/or suggestions.

Less than 40 days till pitchers and catchers report!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2015, 01:36 PM   #2
Rookie

detroitskills's Arena

Re: OSFM 2015: Detroit Tigers

cant wait!
What kind of stupid question is that?
Old 01-20-2015, 08:40 AM   #3
Rookie

ghostofsparta15's Arena

OVR: 0

Love this time of year.

Been a lurker the past couple years but would love to help out any way that I can this year.

Spreadsheet looks good. I'm thinking we have too many B's...In my mind I think Moya (Think he will have a SCEA player already though), Kubitza, Hill, and Ziomek should be our only B's. The rest should probably be bumped down to C+.

Just my opinion though.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:21 PM   #4
Pro

Ivanhoe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofsparta15
Love this time of year.

Been a lurker the past couple years but would love to help out any way that I can this year.

Spreadsheet looks good. I'm thinking we have too many B's...In my mind I think Moya (Think he will have a SCEA player already though), Kubitza, Hill, and Ziomek should be our only B's. The rest should probably be bumped down to C+.

Just my opinion though.
Good to hear from you, Ghost.

I went back to look at the B potentials and I agreed with your thoughts and dropped some of them to the C range.

Here are my thoughts on the remaining players that have a B potential:

RHP Joe Jimenez:
He's young but very highly thought of. He could be a lights out CP.

2B Javier Betancourt:
This is a gut feeling. He's produced at every level. I see him as a Placido Polanco type player. I could also be way off base. I could be swayed on this one.

SS Hector Martinez:
He may too young for this roster. He is a highly thought of offensive middle infielder. If he can stay at shortstop his profile could justify a B potential. Again, I could be swayed on this rating.

3B Steven Fuentes:
I don't know what to make of this kid. All the scouting reports say that he has great ability but I've yet to see him put up the numbers to back up the reports. He's yet to hit for power and, as a 3B, that could be a problem. So, he may get dropped to a C also.

So, that was the rationale I used for the B potentials. Any thoughts on the above players?
Old 01-21-2015, 09:29 AM   #5
Rookie

ghostofsparta15's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanhoe
Good to hear from you, Ghost.

I went back to look at the B potentials and I agreed with your thoughts and dropped some of them to the C range.

Here are my thoughts on the remaining players that have a B potential:

RHP Joe Jimenez:
He's young but very highly thought of. He could be a lights out CP.

2B Javier Betancourt:
This is a gut feeling. He's produced at every level. I see him as a Placido Polanco type player. I could also be way off base. I could be swayed on this one.

SS Hector Martinez:
He may too young for this roster. He is a highly thought of offensive middle infielder. If he can stay at shortstop his profile could justify a B potential. Again, I could be swayed on this rating.

3B Steven Fuentes:
I don't know what to make of this kid. All the scouting reports say that he has great ability but I've yet to see him put up the numbers to back up the reports. He's yet to hit for power and, as a 3B, that could be a problem. So, he may get dropped to a C also.

So, that was the rationale I used for the B potentials. Any thoughts on the above players?
Yeah, I see your points here. Definitely agree on Betancourt.

Jimenez has really good K numbers and pretty low walk rate, which is always a good sign. Granted he only has about 44 IP the last 2 years. Potential is there, you're probably right.

The other 2 i struggle with though, in my mind haven't really read enough to be convinced of B ranks. Self admittedly I am pretty stingy when it comes to rating players in the show haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2015, 01:57 PM   #6
Pro

Ivanhoe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofsparta15
Yeah, I see your points here. Definitely agree on Betancourt.

Jimenez has really good K numbers and pretty low walk rate, which is always a good sign. Granted he only has about 44 IP the last 2 years. Potential is there, you're probably right.

The other 2 i struggle with though, in my mind haven't really read enough to be convinced of B ranks. Self admittedly I am pretty stingy when it comes to rating players in the show haha.
I agree. As I typed out my previous post really started to waffle on Martinez and Fuentes. What grade are you thinking of for them?

I don't have a problem with being stingy on grades. Honestly, the Tigers system is one of the worst in baseball and the big league club has serious issues. This could be a long year...
Old 02-05-2015, 04:06 PM   #7
Pro

Ivanhoe's Arena

Ugh, Victor Martinez hurt his knee AGAIN! They say he should be out 4-8 weeks so it's not as bad as the last time. Maybe this opens the door for Steven Moya.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:51 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Awesome stuff Ivanhoe, this yr is gonna be killer with some brand names coming in, when i watch them i usually jot down how they dress and what not, so its gonna be a lot cooler with more options available. HOW BOUT THEM WINGS?!!!!, can't wait.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »