Home

The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 20

This is a discussion on The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 20 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2020, 03:40 PM   #857
Rookie

guinness22's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidBream
Just FYI in case you didn’t read the posts above, we’ve used the luxury tax salaries for this roster, which is what Ridin’s V1 Roster used. Not sure about his V2.

There were still some mistakes that needed to be corrected, but you’d be surprised to see how low some luxury tax salaries are when compared to the payroll salary.

Just thought I’d put that out there in case you see this roster and think the salaries haven’t been corrected. They have.

Understood. Ridin didn’t touch contracts so I did every team from scratch, and also put a bunch of the prospects and others (mostly NRI’s) to min MLB salary. Hate when the CPU adds a guy to the 40 (which they seem to do this year while putting guys on the 60 day IL) who is making $70k and he’s bummed over his salary. Really not a fan of the morale system. I used actual cash not AAV but I am honestly not fussy either way. I’ve just always done it that way each year. And agreed the luxury tax number is substantially different in some cases. I’ve gone through every guy on each team each year since contracts were editable with COTS and Spotrac both up on my computer. I retired very early so nothin’ but time (my wife always laughs at me for putting in all the hours I do on rosters for franchise, equipment edits, my CAP, my DD squad - uni’s etc including logos before I ever even play the game. Haha). I never play online or spend extra cash for stubs and still end up with more hours than I’d like to admit on the game, always maxing out on expo and ending up with god squads just from grinding DD and playing franchise. I get invited to the alpha/beta every year without ever signing up. I need a life!

All that said, again, a sincere thank you for doing these rosters. I really appreciate your time and effort in doing so. I understand how much work you guys have all put it and I am jacked to play these.

g22

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-21-2020, 03:56 PM   #858
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness22
Understood. Ridin didn’t touch contracts so I did every team from scratch, and also put a bunch of the prospects and others (mostly NRI’s) to min MLB salary. Hate when the CPU adds a guy to the 40 (which they seem to do this year while putting guys on the 60 day IL) who is making $70k and he’s bummed over his salary. Really not a fan of the morale system. I used actual cash not AAV but I am honestly not fussy either way. I’ve just always done it that way each year. And agreed the luxury tax number is substantially different in some cases. I’ve gone through every guy on each team each year since contracts were editable with COTS and Spotrac both up on my computer. I retired very early so nothin’ but time (my wife always laughs at me for putting in all the hours I do on rosters for franchise, equipment edits, my CAP, my DD squad - uni’s etc including logos before I ever even play the game. Haha). I never play online or spend extra cash for stubs and still end up with more hours than I’d like to admit on the game, always maxing out on expo and ending up with god squads just from grinding DD and playing franchise. I get invited to the alpha/beta every year without ever signing up. I need a life!

All that said, again, a sincere thank you for doing these rosters. I really appreciate your time and effort in doing so. I understand how much work you guys have all put it and I am jacked to play these.

g22

Ha, man I wish I could put that much time in. My wife still makes fun of me tho!

I also hate the morale system. Putting prospects up to 550k sounds like a good idea, I might try that.

I used the cash value of contracts the first time through and found a ton of discrepancies, but then thought about it and realised that the lux tax in game is calculated from whatever salary we put in for the guys who only have 1-2 years left on their deals. Game doesn’t know those are just the end of longer contracts. So I ended up using that value instead.

Also makes sense to use that because it’s what all of the other correct contracts are based on, and it means less editing for Cy.

What the game got wrong on release is that they used AAV 100% of the time, but that doesn’t always work. If a team exercises a team option, that year is basically treated like a new contract for lux tax purposes... so the full amount. It’s only player options that are included in the AAV calculations for lux tax.

Old 04-22-2020, 07:58 AM   #859
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness22

g22

Forget the rosters..Whats the secret to early retirement?
Old 04-22-2020, 11:56 AM   #860
Rookie

guinness22's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocanes44
Forget the rosters..Whats the secret to early retirement?

Haha. Oh man. I could write a very long post on this...it would distill down to something like work harder than everyone else, get a break or two along the way, don’t be afraid to self correct when necessary or step back to go forward, surround yourself with good people, avoid debt to the extent you can in this society, save along the way but also have some fun. Mentor, teach, give back.

I retired at 49 two years ago. It’s glorious and scary as heck at the same time since my wife and I have no pensions, only what we saved. Covid markets aren’t helping these days, but that’s minor compared to what others are dealing with. I am Canadian, but I think I’ve lived the American Dream - started with literally nothing and worked into something....as a famous recording artist once said “life’s been good to me so far!”

Good health all,
g22

Old 04-22-2020, 04:18 PM   #861
Banned

Cy is there any progress update on the updated set? I really wanna check it out before I get too deep with my franchise just curious..... thanks for all the effort on these brother

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2020, 04:55 PM   #862
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

Are things still going smoothly, Cycloniac?
Old 04-23-2020, 05:14 PM   #863
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
Are things still going smoothly, Cycloniac?
As far as I know, Cy is still working away. Patience.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:03 PM   #864
Rookie

jeffzinn2004's Arena

OVR: 3

Thanks for that Sid. Guys keep in mind real life does sometimes get in the way, that being said Cy is finishing up some ratings then I’ll get them onto hopefully the final update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »