Home

pitch Speed slider

This is a discussion on pitch Speed slider within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2015, 01:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
pitch Speed slider

Hey guys i need help with my pitch Speed slider... I have a TV with an input lag but i dont want to play in game Mode because it look awful... So can you give me a formula how i should choose the Speed slider? For fastballs and off Speed stuff how it would be realistic with Timing on These?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2015, 02:14 AM   #2
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: pitch Speed slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanYankee
Hey guys i need help with my pitch Speed slider... I have a TV with an input lag but i dont want to play in game Mode because it look awful... So can you give me a formula how i should choose the Speed slider? For fastballs and off Speed stuff how it would be realistic with Timing on These?
Unfortunately, there really isn't any way other than to just lower that slider enough for you to be able to enjoy hitting...
Old 04-22-2015, 02:59 AM   #3
Rookie

Yeah i know But i need a little Bit of help i mean for example the fastball: can you really Hit a fastball when you weit for a changeup? or can you only Hit a fastball when you immediatly press the Button after it is released? I want it aß realistic as possible
Old 04-22-2015, 03:07 AM   #4
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanYankee
Yeah i know But i need a little Bit of help i mean for example the fastball: can you really Hit a fastball when you weit for a changeup? or can you only Hit a fastball when you immediatly press the Button after it is released? I want it aß realistic as possible
If your reaction is good enough, sure you can try to make a contact with a fastball even when you are waiting for a change.

The main issue is that you feel handicapped by the input lag, because there will be a split second that you always lose between when you press a button and it registers in the game.

The only thing you can basically do to make it "better" is to lower Pitch Speed slider, so that you can get back some milliseconds lost to input lag as time for you to recognize pitch.

You could also use Timing and Contact sliders and whatnot, but those are just general remedy for making the timing window lenient and doesn't specifically address input lag.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:18 AM   #5
Rookie

Okay thanks just want to know in it would be realistic in you weit for the change and Hit then a fastball and the result is a solid Hit... I dont want to Chest the cpu
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2015, 12:24 PM   #6
Rookie

Hey GermanYankee, what type of tv do you have?
Old 04-25-2015, 02:00 PM   #7
Rookie

I got a Samsung HDTV
Old 04-25-2015, 02:22 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 24

I don't think Game Mode should be degrading your image quality that severely.

You might want to just try turning game mode back on and then playing around with the display settings from there, such as contrast and stuff, and see if you can get it back to a quality image you can play with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »