Home

Rmiok222 MLBTS22 HOF/AS Directional/Classic Slider Set

This is a discussion on Rmiok222 MLBTS22 HOF/AS Directional/Classic Slider Set within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2022, 08:58 PM   #33
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rmiok222/Decent at Best MLBTS22 HOF Directional/Classic Slider Set

https://twitch.tv/rmiok222

Still going! So far so good with 6 contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-09-2022, 09:44 PM   #34
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222

Still going! So far so good with 6 contact.

So 6 contact and 5 power for cpu and human?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2022, 09:51 PM   #35
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcshuckers73
So 6 contact and 5 power for cpu and human?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Just 5 power for cpu. I left human power at 4. Everything I used that game is in the OP now. It was good.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2022, 09:53 PM   #36
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

So first game with 6 contact and 5 power for cpu went well. I won 4-1. Bieber pitched like a 92 Overall. Went 7 innings gave up 6 hits, walked 1 struck out 8. Gave up two doubles and I was lucky some of the cpus hits stayed on the ground because they were absolutely smoked. Felt really good.

Plesac has the next start and that’s the way I’m curious to see. Nowhere near the caliber of Bieber.

Old 04-10-2022, 06:03 AM   #37
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Rollin with contact at 6 for both power 5 for cpu

Streaming without a mic this time. Kids are sleeping

Old 04-10-2022, 06:03 PM   #38
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Rmiok222/Decent at Best MLBTS22 HOF Directional/Classic Slider Set

Hey guys so I think its really important for people to know exactly why a slider is the way it is set. So im going to be transparent as possible. That way you can see my thinking as well and understand why i have a value where i have it at. I hope you all enjoy. This is also going to be my new OP. Finally got my PC back, couldn’t do this on a phone.

HOF DIFFICULTY PITCHING AND HITTING

User/CPU

I needed to bump contact for the simple reason that offense was anemic. I thought 6 would be too high for human and through the course of multiple games it is not.

Power: 4/5

Simple explanation here, way too many home runs on 5 for human..cpu on the other hand was absoluty no threat on 4 power so i bumped it to 5. This “balances” the power stats out even though the cpu is +1

Timing: 3/0

3 timing for human offsets the human contact being at 6..when you bump contact your timing improves..hence the drop to 3..for the cpu it is at 0 because i still would like realistic K numbers, 0 gives us that.

Foul Frequency: 3/3

At 5 i had way too many fouls, I tried 0 and both pitchers pitch counts were crazy low at times. We settle on 3.

Solid Hits: 4/4

I’ve tried solid hits at 3, 4, and 5. 3 was too weak, 5 I didn’t get the hit variety i wanted. So we stuck with the ol trusty solid hits at 4 approach.

Starter Stamina: 5/5

They actually fixed this finally. At 5 your starters can stay in for 100 pitches if they have elite stamina. Good job SDS.

Reliever Stamina: 8/8

On the flip side relievers get gassed way too fast which also takes them way too long to recover between games..we settle on 8

Pitcher Control: 5/5

I don’t like messing with this. Control at 5 is perfect..i would never drop this or cpu consistency below 5, you will earn plenty of walks if you are patient.

CPU Strike Frequency: 5

Ive tried this at 4 and 5. Default is just fine.

Pitcher Consistency: 4/5

Human pitchers didn’t miss enough spots. 4 is the sweet spot. CPU is good at default.

CPU Hook: 5, 10 when bullpen comes in

CPU yanks starter properly. Sadly 10 is needed for bullpen because they will drag a reliever out for 30-40 pitches if not. Very unrealistic.

CPU Pickoffs: 3

Just too many pickoffs, 3 to settle it down.

BASERUNNING/FIELDING SLIDERS

Infield Errors: 7

Not nearly enough at 5, would never see even any bobbles or mishaps.

Outfield Errors: 5

Fine where this is. You’ll still see the occasional error.

Throwing Errors IF:5

I went past 5 and there was just way too many bad throws..stay on default.

Throwing Errors Outfield: 3

5 was ridiculous. Pros do not mess up throwing a ball into the infield that much. 3 it is.

Fielder Run Speed: 3

5, like every year is too fast..not enough gappers hit at 5 and this helps hit variety. We settle on 3

Fielder Reaction: 3

Thought about raising this to 4, 3 seems good though. Much better than last year when your outfield would react SO slow if you dropped this.

Fielder Arm Strength IF: 4

5 was too strong and this is to slightly adjust to baserunner speed being at 3

Fielder Arm Strength OF: 5

Just leave this where it is. Ive tested higher and lower.

Baserunner Speed: 3

Baserunners are just always too fast in the show. Ive tested home to first speed with multiple players with a stopwatch and it was just way way too fast. I dropped it to 3. As you can see all the speed sliders mesh with one another.

Baserunner Steal Ability: 8

This was weird this year. I was getting thrown out with everybody and im usually very good at swiping bags. This needed a major boost since the steal success rate was so low.

Baserunner Steal: Frequency: 3

Way too many attempts by cpu and user as well (i use auto baserunning)

Wind: 5
Gameplay Injury Frequency: 8
Simulator Injury: 6
Pitch Speeds: USER PREFERENCE

Last edited by Rmiok222; 04-10-2022 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-10-2022, 06:30 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
Hey guys so I think its really important for people to know exactly why a slider is the way it is set. So im going to be transparent as possible. That way you can see my thinking as well and understand why i have a value where i have it at. I hope you all enjoy. This is also going to be my new OP. Finally got my PC back, couldn’t do this on a phone.

HOF DIFFICULTY PITCHING AND HITTING

User/CPU

I needed to bump contact for the simple reason that offense was anemic. I thought 6 would be too high for human and through the course of multiple games it is not.

Power: 4/5

Simple explanation here, way too many home runs on 5 for human..cpu on the other hand was absoluty no threat on 4 power so i bumped it to 5. This “balances” the power stats out even though the cpu is +1

Timing: 3/0

3 timing for human offsets the human contact being at 6..when you bump contact your timing improves..hence the drop to 3..for the cpu it is at 0 because i still would like realistic K numbers, 0 gives us that.

Foul Frequency: 3/3

At 5 i had way too many fouls, I tried 0 and both pitchers pitch counts were crazy low at times. We settle on 3.

Solid Hits: 4/4

I’ve tried solid hits at 3, 4, and 5. 3 was too weak, 5 I didn’t get the hit variety i wanted. So we stuck with the ol trusty solid hits at 4 approach.

Starter Stamina: 5/5

They actually fixed this finally. At 5 your starters can stay in for 100 pitches if they have elite stamina. Good job SDS.

Reliever Stamina: 8/8

On the flip side relievers get gassed way too fast which also takes them way too long to recover between games..we settle on 8

Pitcher Control: 5/5

I don’t like messing with this. Control at 5 is perfect..i would never drop this or cpu consistency below 5, you will walk PLENTY if you are patient.

CPU Strike Frequency: 5

Ive tried this at 4 and 5. Default is just fine.

Pitcher Consistency: 4/5

Human pitchers didn’t miss enough spots. 4 is the sweet spot. CPU is good at default.

CPU Hook: 5, 10 when bullpen comes in

CPU yanks starter properly. Sadly 10 is needed for bullpen because they will drag a reliever out for 30-40 pitches if not. Very unrealistic.

CPU Pickoffs: 3

Just too many pickoffs, 3 to settle it down.

BASERUNNING/FIELDING SLIDERS

Infield Errors: 7

Not nearly enough at 5, would never see even any bobbles or mishaps.

Outfield Errors: 5

Fine where this is. You’ll still see the occasional error.

Throwing Errors IF:5

I went past 5 and there was just way too many bad throws..stay on default.

Throwing Errors Outfield: 3

5 was ridiculous. Pros do not mess up throwing a ball into the infield that much. 3 it is.

Fielder Run Speed: 3

5, like every year is too fast..not enough gappers hit at 5 and this helps hit variety. We settle on 3

Fielder Reaction: 3

Thought about raising this to 4, 3 seems good though. Much better than last year when your outfield would react SO slow if you dropped this.

Fielder Arm Strength IF: 4

5 was too strong and this is to slightly adjust to baserunner speed being at 3

Fielder Arm Strength OF: 5

Just leave this where it is. Ive tested higher and lower.

Baserunner Speed: 3

Baserunners are just always too fast in the show. Ive tested home to first speed with multiple players with a stopwatch and it was just way way too fast. I dropped it to 3. As you can see all the speed sliders mesh with one another.

Baserunner Steal Ability: 8

This was weird this year. I was getting thrown out with everybody and im usually very good at swiping bags. This needed a major boost since the steal success rate was so low.

Baserunner Steal: Frequency: 3

Way too many attempts by cpu and user as well (i use auto baserunning)

Wind: 5
Gameplay Injury Frequency: 8
Simulator Injury: 6
Pitch Speeds: USER PREFERENCE
Cannot wait to try these on stream tonight or tomorrow!
Old 04-10-2022, 06:45 PM   #40
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopenhagenKid25
Cannot wait to try these on stream tonight or tomorrow!

Awesome I’ll try to tune in. I’ll be waiting for your feedback my friend!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »