Home

What do you need added to MLB 23 to purchase it?

This is a discussion on What do you need added to MLB 23 to purchase it? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2022, 05:11 PM   #9
Rookie

olecrankygamer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What do you need added to mlb23 to purchase it?

League customization with ability to not have a DH or new playoff rules. I get it free with XBox game pass for PC but I think I will probably not play MLB 23 as it will not have what I am looking for
Old 09-26-2022, 05:30 PM   #10
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

Honestly, for me, I need a graphics overhaul. I don't know exactly what that even means, but I need to see it look "next gen". Not that 22 is a bad looking game, but I feel like I've been playing the same 'visual' game for too long now without any real leaps in the graphics department.
Old 09-27-2022, 03:07 AM   #11
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm on Xbox. So I'll be playing it regardless. If it's on Game Pass, great. If not, I'll buy it, as I played the previous versions on Game Pass and don't own them. It's far and away my most played game, it's a no doubter for me.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2022, 07:10 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I’ll get 23 just like every year but her are a few things I’d like to see.

-SOTS please find a way to have this in next gen systems
-Continue to improve Stadium Creator, add roof and bullpen options.
-Improve game day/ stadium atmosphere. Sound off the bat didn’t sound right to me this year. Crowd noise and interaction could use more work. In between innings entertainment, different fireworks in stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2022, 09:30 AM   #13
Rookie

loungefly85's Arena

I need RTTS to be fully divested from DD and progression not in any way tied to opening little fake card packs.

That's it.
Old 09-27-2022, 09:51 AM   #14
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Y2Y saves. If I can't continue my "play every game" O's franchise from '22, I'm not buying it. I've built too much of a connection to this team to start over. There's nothing else they could add to the game that would make it so significantly better that it would override my connection to my team.

Franchise modes are not about features; they are about connecting with your team/universe without the mode interfering with pointless tasks/boosts/options. MLBTS does this better than any other franchise mode out there.

Now, if I get to the point where I feel satiated with my franchise and ready to move on; I will consider buying a new game - but I am guessing that won't happen until MLB24 or 25.
Old 09-27-2022, 10:33 AM   #15
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I got my moneys worth out of MLB 22. Played well over 100 hours.....not bad. However it did not hold my interest. I prefer MLB 20 by a country mile.

The only thing that can bring me back......SDS needs to take a look at what Visual Concepts did with NBA 2K23. Simply put the amount of depth and customization you have with MyLeague and in particular ERA Mode is beyond anything I have ever experienced in a “console" sports video game. It is an amazing game both on and off the hardwood.

I actually have a My Era Baseball Universe (just without all the tiny little details like 2K) with MLB 20 and the plethora of rosters available due in large part to Y2Y saves and the one and done roster import feature.

So yeah.......it will take that kind of scope to bring me back. I really don’t care for the modern game anymore anyway. Don’t care much for how the game is played today, don’t care much about the stars of the game they are promoting (save for guys like Judge, Ohtani, Trea Turner and the like).....I have zero desire to play a modern day franchise.

I am so immersed in my Yankees Year 6 that started back on MLB 2017 and several other multi year franchises.....yeah. It’s going to take something as impressive as 2K’s My Era mode to bring me back.

So I expect not to be purchasing MLB23.

I was not getting MLB 22 (basically skipped 21 which is a drink coaster) but my wife and son surprised me (bless their hearts). And I loved it initially.....and then it kinda faded away the more I played. And don’t get me wrong....it was a well made game. No doubt. Just did not connect with me like MLB 20. And I will make sure to tell them.....don't surprise me again LOL.

Unless of course SDS really knocks it out of the park with something like that. But I highly doubt it. Their focus is clearly somewhere else.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-27-2022 at 10:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2022, 11:18 AM   #16
Pro

jemyers1975's Arena

OVR: 2

Y2Y saves I'd get it instantly. But they need to overall franchise. Better trade engine, customized league would be amazing, better draft system (editable draft is pretty well a must now since 2k and Madden has had it for awhile). More stadium options domes , ect. RTTS is a complete mess always loved playing it but new cut scenes as there update isn't even close for me to even start a RTTS. But I'm sure SDS only has one agenda and that's DD so I don't see any changes is any it will be small.

Sent from my moto g play (XT2093DL) using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »