Home

What do you need added to MLB 23 to purchase it?

This is a discussion on What do you need added to MLB 23 to purchase it? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2022, 02:21 PM   #1
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

OVR: 0
What do you need added to MLB 23 to purchase it?

I dont in anyway want this to be a negative thread just want to hear what you would need to upgrade from MLB 22 to 23 next year to make the $70 worth your time

Like for me being in my 40's I barely notice the graphical upgrades anymore. So graphics are not a selling point for me =. I also only play franchise mode so for me its all about that. I do not need to hear better trade logic or anything like that

I need them to go deeper. Maybe full minor leagues all the way down to rookie ball. Maybe they add the real minor league stadiums for AAA and AA and also A and add full A ball rosters. That would make me want to move to the 23 version.

My fear is all we get is some new trade logic , minor graphic upgrade, and cross over saves or something which wont be enough for me

---------------------------------------

We also turned this thread into a front page story on the site featuring some of your comments.
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils

Last edited by ChaseB; 10-28-2022 at 06:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2022, 03:02 PM   #2
Pro

Re: What do you need added to mlb23 to purchase it?

Year to year saves or the ability to transfer rosters year to year.

If that isn't available it would have to be a pretty sizable overhaul to franchise for me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-26-2022, 03:07 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Obviously a return of Y2Y saves would lead to a no doubt purchase. But I don't foresee that feature returning next year, or anytime in the immediate future to be honest.

The biggest thing for me is the inclusion of the new schedule where each team plays everyone which should be in the game as they always follow the current year schedule. Also, the expanded playoffs which again should be implemented this go round.

Other than that, the biggest weakness for me was missing presentational elements along with not as in depth commentary. Both expectedly didn't measure up to previous years as you're talking a few years of commentary recorded versus that of 10+ years. So I'm hoping for expansion in both of those areas.

As for gameplay, I think its damn good now and admittedly if they kept gameplay the same and added those few things above, I would buy the game.

I'm sure roster logic and transaction logic (free agency/trades) will be tweaked/tuned just like every year and I do expect the gameplay to get better with subtle changes and additional animations.

While I absolutely despise starting a franchise over after years of Y2Y saves, I will likely buy '23 as I expect the new schedule and playoffs to be implemented and expect the gameplay on the field will take another step forward as it has each year previously.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-26-2022, 03:15 PM   #4
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

Pretty sure I’m already on board for 23’ just for the new scheduling and playoff format.

I could see it being my last purchase for a while though if other franchise improvements ( you know, the ones most of us have been asking about for years) aren’t implemented soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 09-26-2022, 03:18 PM   #5
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Rosters saves must transfer.

Commentary needs a real boost for me as well. I like the new crew, but the name database this year is awful. Really saps the joy out of playing with created rosters.

With franchise mode being so generic, I wish they would just have a season mode. Just let me manage my 40-man.

.. the game is peaking for me. Even if I do buy next year, it will be from the bargain bin.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 09-26-2022 at 03:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2022, 03:35 PM   #6
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Too early to even guess what improvements to be made. Day one pre-order regardless.
Old 09-26-2022, 03:43 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Since I skipped 22, and I now have a PS5, I'm probably in on 23 regardless. The new schedule will be nice.

I'm happy with the graphics of 21, especially now that I can play at 4K on the PS5.

Biggest things to fix for me are roster and bullpen management by the AI. It's gotten better over the years but it's still pretty poor.

I like starting fresh with each new game, but I will miss my 21 team. I hope to finish one more season before moving on. Even then, I may keep 21 installed to continue playing it from time to time.

Edit: I do wish they'd bring Season Mode (aka Franchise lite) back. I've adjusted to having minor leagues, but I miss just having the 40-man roster.

Last edited by LowerWolf; 09-26-2022 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-26-2022, 03:55 PM   #8
Rookie

Y2Y saves
New menus in franchise mode
And bring back owner mode/other features in franchise to freshen it up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »