Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2024, 08:30 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

TIGERS SWEEP A'S

TIGERS 7 A'S 1 APRIL 5, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Tigers played their Home Opener against the Oakland A's on Friday afternoon, and they didn't disappoint the sell out crowd. Detroit beat the A's 7-1. Spencer Torkelson (6) homered, and drove in three. Kenta Maeda (2-0) went seven strong innings, allowing just a run on four hits, with five strikeouts.

TIGERS 6 A'S 1 APRIL 6, 2024

BOX SCORE

Detroit took game 2 of the series by a 6-1 score. Mark Canha (1) homered against his former team, and drove in three. Spencer Torkelson had a pair of RBI. Jack Flaherty (2-0) allowed just a run on two hits over six innings to earn the win.

TIGERS 9 A'S 1 APRIL 7, 2024

BOX SCORE

Detroit completed the sweep with a 9-1 win on Sunday. Andy Ibanez (2) homered twice, and drove in three. Javier Baez (2) also homered. Baez is hitting .424 on the season. Kyle Dutcher added a pair of hits, including his 7th double of the year. Matt Manning (2-0) turned in his second consecutive great start, going seven innings, allowing a run on three hits, with six strikeouts.

2024 TIGER SCHEDULE/RESULTS

2024 MLB STANDINGS

DETROIT TIGER STATS

FOLLOW MY FRANCHISE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2024, 01:05 AM   #66
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

2024 Oakland Athletics 04/01-04/03

Overall Record:2-5 (5th AL West/4.0 behind Seattle)

Game Results

Game 1
Red Sox-5
Athletics-1

Game 2
Red Sox-3
Athletics-1

Game 3
Athletics-5
Red Sox-3

Okay...can we just skip to the last game of the series?

That's twice now in two try's. The Oakland Athletics have now started the season at a disappointing but expected 2-5. Both of their wins came in the final game of their two first series (game 4 VS Cleveland and Game three VS Boston).

Thankfully for those wins, The A's have not been swept. In the Boston series, games one and two saw the A's offense struggle to a tune of just two combined runs and 10 combined hits.

As mentioned earlier, the A's had better fortune in game three. In that game, Zack Gelof continues his all or nothing approach as he hit two homeruns and drove in four of the A's five total runs. To explain that further, Gelof has started the year just 3-25 with all three of his hits being homeruns.

Rookie shortstop, Darrell Hernaiz added the A's other RBI in the 8th inning after his bloop signle scored Miguel Andujar.

Pitching wise, Alex wood had a pretty good game (6.0 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 2 SO) and closer, Lucas Erceg got his first save of his career as the A's took the victory, 5-3.

The A's will now travel for the first time in 2024 as they head to Detroit to take on the Tigers (4-2/2nd AL Central).
Old 03-18-2024, 07:00 AM   #67
Rookie

WillieB1214's Arena

Braves' Inconsistent Start Continues in Series Split with Mets

The Atlanta Braves started a four game series against the Mets with back-to-back one run efforts in outings with excellent pitching. In game one, Bryce Elder through six innings with only two allowed, but an Austin Riley homer (11th) was the only score put on the board as the bats never got going. Spencer Strider was similar in the second game, striking out six in seven innings while giving up two. The offense did him no favors, with only a Travis d'Arnaud RBI single giving them their only run of the day to lose the first two games of the series.

Then the offense exploded again, despite Max Fried struggling with three runs allowed in four innings. Riley (12th), Ozzie Albies (4), and Sean Murphy (3) each going deep while Acuna picked up two hits and scored twice in an 8-5 win. The final game of the series was a blow out win, with Riley (13) AGAIN going yard while Adam Duvall found his first round tripper of the season. Matt Olson tacked on a two run double, while Chris Sale threw 6+ dominant innings in an 8-1 win.

The Braves currently stand at 7-6 and are heading down to Miami for a three game set against the Marlins (6-7). The Braves are 1.5 games back behind the fast starting Washington Nationals (8-4). Riley's 13 homers are currently more than nine entire teams as the third basemen is cruising to a monster career year with one of the greatest starts in team history. If Acuna (.184/.310/.367, 2 homers, 5 steals) and Olson (.200/.321/.356, one HR) get going, this team can get hot in a hurry.

Last edited by WillieB1214; 03-18-2024 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-18-2024, 09:14 AM   #68
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Cardinals swept by Diamonbacks in Arizona

The Cardinals (7-9) continue their woes with a series sweep to the Diamondbacks and now have lost 5 games in a row.

The Cardinals continue to lose games in all 3 facets of the game. Either the bats don't produce runs, pitching can't prevent runs, or the defense gives out free runs. Extremely frustrating start to the year and compounded by how last year went.

The Cardinals will head to Oakland for a 3 game series with the A's in what will hopefully be a "get right" series for the Redbirds.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-18-2024, 09:19 AM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Cardinals swept by Diamonbacks in Arizona

The Cardinals (7-9) continue their woes with a series sweep to the Diamondbacks and now have lost 5 games in a row.

The Cardinals continue to lose games in all 3 facets of the game. Either the bats don't produce runs, pitching can't prevent runs, or the defense gives out free runs. Extremely frustrating start to the year and compounded by how last year went.

The Cardinals will head to Oakland for a 3 game series with the A's in what will hopefully be a "get right" series for the Redbirds.
sounds like its being pretty realistic to where i believe our Cards will be this year based on the coaching and front office moves. I hope you can get them straightened out better than i feel like it will be done in real life. GO CARDS!!!!
Old 03-18-2024, 09:47 AM   #70
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamC24167
sounds like its being pretty realistic to where i believe our Cards will be this year based on the coaching and front office moves. I hope you can get them straightened out better than i feel like it will be done in real life. GO CARDS!!!!
That is what is great about Country franchise. He always plays in a way that makes is competitive. To the point that if I saw he won the title I would know he earned it.
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-18-2024, 09:48 AM   #71
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieB1214
Braves' Inconsistent Start Continues in Series Split with Mets

The Atlanta Braves started a four game series against the Mets with back-to-back one run efforts in outings with excellent pitching. In game one, Bryce Elder through six innings with only two allowed, but an Austin Riley homer (11th) was the only score put on the board as the bats never got going. Spencer Strider was similar in the second game, striking out six in seven innings while giving up two. The offense did him no favors, with only a Travis d'Arnaud RBI single giving them their only run of the day to lose the first two games of the series.

Then the offense exploded again, despite Max Fried struggling with three runs allowed in four innings. Riley (12th), Ozzie Albies (4), and Sean Murphy (3) each going deep while Acuna picked up two hits and scored twice in an 8-5 win. The final game of the series was a blow out win, with Riley (13) AGAIN going yard while Adam Duvall found his first round tripper of the season. Matt Olson tacked on a two run double, while Chris Sale threw 6+ dominant innings in an 8-1 win.

The Braves currently stand at 7-6 and are heading down to Miami for a three game set against the Marlins (6-7). The Braves are 1.5 games back behind the fast starting Washington Nationals (8-4). Riley's 13 homers are currently more than nine entire teams as the third basemen is cruising to a monster career year with one of the greatest starts in team history. If Acuna (.184/.310/.367, 2 homers, 5 steals) and Olson (.200/.321/.356, one HR) get going, this team can get hot in a hurry.
Riley is killing it
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2024, 09:52 AM   #72
Rookie

WillieB1214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
Riley is killing it
Yeah, I’ve struggled with Acuna and Olson but can no wrong with Riley. I’m enjoying it before he eventually cools off!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »