Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-26-2024, 08:32 PM   #233
Rookie

TeejMoore's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

Tigers Drop 2/3 to Red Hot A's

If you had told anyone, let alone the A's themselves that they would be 7-3 to start their season I think everyone would have thought that you were crazy. However that was entirely the case as they bounced back to beat the Tigers the last two games of the series.

After Game 1 which the Tigers won handidly behind awesome pitching and great hitting 11-0, the Tigers pitching and hitting was great in spurts, but faltered in the situations where it mattered most as they would come back from 1 run down in the eighth in both of those games, just to blow in in the Top of the 10th. Lange gave up a leadoff single in the Top of the 10th in Game 2 to lose 5-4. And Shelby Miller would implode and give up his first hit, run, and walk of the year, topping it off with a 0 out Grand Slam to lose this one 6-3.

The Tigers now drop to 5-4, and head back on the Road to Pittsburgh for a short 2 game interleague set. Pittsburgh has been hot so far as well, with them also maintaining a 7-3 record and being a half game out of the NL Central in this early race.

In AL Central news, the Royals and Twins have been the surprise teams so far. With the Royals at 7-3 and leading the division by 1.5 over Detroit. And the Twins 1-7 already 5 games out of the division 8 games in. Time will tell to see if these two teams continue up these streaks or not.

Probable Matchups in Pittsburgh:

Mize, 1-0, 1.29 v Keller, 1-0, 3.86
Skubal, 2-0, 0.57 v Oviedo, 1-0, 1.32
Old 03-26-2024, 10:03 PM   #234
Pro

OVR: 2

I want to play with my cubbies but since Imanaga isn’t added yet and likely won’t be until April 5th I’ll probably start a franchise tomorrow but sim like 3 years so I don’t restart and play the same schedule/pitchers when the update drops. And I’ll get to play with some prospects that should be MLB ready . I’m itching to get going. Only about 10 days left till I can start my real franchise.
Old 03-26-2024, 10:33 PM   #235
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

July 1-2, 2024: LAS VEGAS (45-43) @ FLAGSTAFF (37-51)
Stadium: AutoZone Park (Capacity: 13,406)

July 1: Nuggets 4, Hops 2
July 2: Nuggets 7, Hops 5

Flagstaff, AZ (AP) - The Flagstaff Hops met the Las Vegas Nuggets for the first time in their history and suffered a two game sweep to drop the Hops 14 games below .500 for the first time in their history.

In the opener, the Nuggets scored twice in the first and rode that to a 4-2 victory over the Hops at AutoZone Park.

Orlando McIntyre got the Nuggets on the board first with an RBI double that scored Brandon Roush. John Lopez then doubled home McIntyre to make it 2-0 off of Ryan Pressley.

Forrest Owen would hit a solo home run in the fourth to get the Hops on the board, hi ninth on the season. But Vegas answered right back on a solo home run from Victor Resendez.

A David Benitez RBI single in the sixth scored Thomas Sanders to cut the Vegas lead to 3-2. But they would add another in the top of the seventh on a Kramer sac fly to make it 4-2.

Nigel Blake would get the final three outs for Vegas to earn his 27th save. Robert Cohen (4-3) picked up the win, pitching 5.1 innings and allowing two runs on six hits. He struck out five and walked just one. Ryan Pressley (6-8) took the loss for Flagstaff. He went six innings, allowing four runs (three earned) on six hits, while striking out four and walking one. Pedro Macias got the final nine outs without allowing a run in relief.

On Tuesday afternoon, Brandon Roush homered twice as the Nuggets blasted four home runs in a 7-5 victory to complete the two game sweep.

The Nuggets went up 1-0 in the second on Roush's first home run, a solo shot to left-center. They would increase that lead to 3-0 in the fourth on RBI singles from Hewitt and Tom Markley. A Herb Clark solo home run in the fifth put Las Vegas up 4-0 and it looked like they would cruise to victory.

A solo home run from Ryan Kelly in the bottom of the fifth got Flagstaff on the board, his 13th on the year. Thomas Sanders then hit a two-run home run in the sixth to cut it to 4-3, his first IBL home run.

Junior Lima hit a two-run home run off of reliever Sam Varela in the seventh to move Vegas in front 6-3. Brandon Roush then hit his second of the game and 10th of the season, off of Samuel Espinoza in the eighth to put the Nuggets up 7-3.

A David Benitez two-run single in the bottom of the eighth cut the lead to 7-5, but Nigel Blake came on and shut down the Hops to pick up his 28th save.

Geraldo Rodriguez (2-6) took the loss for Flagstaff. He pitched six innings, allowing four runs on nine hits. He struck out four.

Bradley York went 4 for 5 with two doubles and two runs scored in the loss. That lifted his average back above .200 at .204. Forrest Owen went 0 for 4 and grounded into three double plays to kill rallies.

The Hops (37-51) will now have the next two days off before hosting Colorado Springs in a battle for last place in the ML West.

Trades: San Diego made a big move on Thursday afternoon as they acquired 27-year-old right fielder Luke Brady (82 OVR, C POT) from Amarillo in exchange for 25-year-old starting pitcher Shelby Swaykos (71 OVR, C POT), 22-year-old closer Lance Anderson (68 OVR, A POT)and 25-year-old first baseman Chris Blair (58 OVR, C POT). Brady was hitting .271 with 18 home runs and 48 RBIs for the Honey Hunters in 2024.

Around the League: San Antonio's Josh Ortega went 2 for 4 including a game winning solo home run in the tenth as the Javelinas managed to split a big four game series with Fort Worth with a 5-4 extra innings victory. Ortega drove in three of the Javelina's runs.

Salt Lake's J.P. Grant homered and drove in a run as the Chukars defeated Prescott 4-2. Grant is hitting .351 and now has 12 home runs.

San Diego's Matt Campbell (7-6) struck out 12 in seven innings of work as the Seals defeated Salt River 5-4. Dan Rodriguez's sixth inning grand slam (14) proved to be the difference for the first-place Seals. Salt River hit three home runs in the loss (Garcia, Galindo and Kim).

Scottsdale's Jaime Pacheco improved to (11-4), tossing seven innings and allowing three runs on five hits, while striking out eight, in a 9-4 victory for the Scorpions over Goodyear. Lee Lim went 3 for 5 with a home run and drove in four for the victorious Scorpions.

Rio Rancho's Rollie Flingers improved to an IBL best (14-2) as the Owlz pounded Austin 12-5. Flingers went eight innings, allowing two run son six hits, while striking out eight and walking five. Flingers is neck and neck with Flagstaff's Alex Farmer in the Cy Young race in the Mountain League.

Salt River's Alex Villarreal homered twice (8,9) and drove in six as the Rafters defeated San Diego 8-6 to take two of three from the DL West leaders. The Rafters are 9-1 in their last ten and are now above .500 at (45-44) and squarely in the DL Wild Card race.

Las Vegas' Victor Resendez homered twice and drove in four, including a walk-off home run in the bottom of the ninth as Vegas defeated Mesa 8-7. The Nuggets have now won three straight and six of seven.

Series28_24
Brandon Roush and Las Vegas swept the Hops in their first ever meeting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2024, 11:49 PM   #236
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Reds Drop O's in Series Finale, Take 2 of 3.

After taking 3 of 4 games vs the vaunted New York Yankees the Orioles felt supremely confident going in to this road trip vs. Cincinnati. The host Reds put a halt on the Orioles good vibes taking 2 of 3 from the Birds.

In the series finale Gunnar Henderson launched a 2 run shot to deep right field to give the Orioles a quick 2 run lead. It was Henderson's 8th homer of the season. TJ Friedl provided a quick answer with a solo shot of his own in the bottom of the inning to draw the Reds to within 1. Stuart Fairchild's RBI single in the bottom of the 4th tied the score and it would remain that way until the 8th inning. In the bottom of the 8th Spencer Steer lined an RBI single off of Orioles reliever Yennier Cano to give the Reds the lead for good. Alexis Diaz pitched a perfect 9th to notch his 9th save of the season.

The win improved the Reds record to 16-19, while the Orioles dropped to 21-13. After a travel day the O's head to the nation's capital to take on the Nationals (18-16) for a quick two game set, before hosting the Diamondbacks (19-16) for a weekend series.

Notables
Spencer Steer (Cin) 3 for 4, 2B, RBI
Stuart Fairchild (Cin) 2 for 4, RBI
Grayson Rodriguez (Bal) 5 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 6 K

W- Fernando Cruz (1-0)
L- Yennier Cano (0-2)
S- Alexis Diaz (9)

Game Highlights:

Last edited by bkrich83; 03-26-2024 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-27-2024, 01:32 AM   #237
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

The Padres are rolling as we get to the end of May having just swept the NY Yankees and now have won 12 straight and sit at 40-16 which is good enough for first in the NL West with a 10.5 game lead over the second place Dodgers. Some bats have finally woken up. Matt Waldron had a hot first start after getting called up however was rocked for 2 straight and optioned back to AAA El Paso with Randy Vasquez getting called up and has not appeared in a game yet.

Current Line up

SS Ha-Seong Kim .264/.315/.532. 13 HR, 33 RBI 10 SB
RF Fernando Tatis Jr .237/.286/.389 6 HR, 22 RBI 17 SB
2B Xander Bogaerts .318/.379/.523 10 HR, 25 RBI
3B Manny Machado .300/.356/.704, 24 HR, 43 RBI
1B Jake Cronenworth .294/.332/.435, 3 HR, 16 RBI
C Kyle Higashioka .271/.323/.661, 13 HR, 26 RBI
LF Tommy Pham .248/.321/.382 4 HR, 25 RBI
DH Jurickson Profar .258/.319/.328 1 HR, 12 RBI. 12 BB to 11 K
CF Jackson Merrill .220/.268/.407 6 HR, 21 RBI

C Luis Campusano .234/.257/.366, 4 HR, 16 RBI
INF Eguy Rosario .234/.275/.383, 2 HR, 5 RBI
OF Tim Locastro .133/.133/.300, 1 HR, 3 RBI
INF/OF Tyler Wade .262/.287/.321

I'd really like to replace Tim Locastro but i just don't have very many good options. Jose Azocar is on the 60 day IL and most likely out for the season. Cal Mitchell is tearing up AAA but I'd rather have a right handed bat to platoon with Merrill as Pham and Tatis are pretty much daily starters in the OF.

Joe Musgrove 6-2 1.23 ERA 72K in 73.1 IP
Michael King 8-1, 2.96 ERA
Dylan Cease 6-1, 1.83 ERA 73 K in 69 IP. 0.80 WHIP
Yu Darvish 6-3, 2.24 ERA.

Luis Patino has been solid out of the pen with a 2-0 record and 2.93 ERA with 41 K in 30.2 IP. WHIP of 0.88

Wandy Peralta has been excellent with a 1.89 ERA in 19 IP. Tom Cosgrove has also been a shut down lefty with a 1.13 ERA and 0.63 WHIP with 15K in 16 IP. Yuki Matsui completes the left handed trio with a 0.95 ERA and 0.42 WHIP in 19 IP. Matsui has 17K in those 19 innings.

Robert Suarez has been solid in the closer role with 13/15 save attempts and a 1.53 ERA and 19 K in 17.2 IP. One of his blown saves was an extra inning game with a runner starting on second.

Next up is a 3 game series vs the Miami Marlins who are 21-33 to end the month of May.

Michael King (8-1, 2.96 ERA) vs Edward Cabrera (1-4, 7.77 ERA)
Dylan Cease (6-1, 1.83) vs Eury Perez (5-2, 2.30)
Yu Darvish (6-3, 2.24) vs Jesus Luzardo (3-5, 3.16)
Old 03-27-2024, 01:56 AM   #238
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramspeedkill
What stadium are you using for A's?
Default but I am thinking about downloading something from the vault their default stadium is pretty horrid

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2024, 06:49 AM   #239
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Cardinals Swept by Angels in Los Angeles

The Cardinals (17-27) saw their struggles continue, this time with a sweep at the hands of the Angels in Los Angeles to begin the week. The Cardinals are now 10 games back of the division leading Brewers.

Stop me if you've heard this before. The Cardinals get a lead and the bullpen blows it, the starter gets knocked out before the 3rd inning, pitching is great but the bats decide to be dormant. That just described the 3 game series.

The Cardinals are off on Thursday as they travel back home for a 3 game weekend series with the struggling Red Sox.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-27-2024, 08:15 AM   #240
Rookie

TeejMoore's Arena

Tigers Sweep Pirates, Improve to 7-4

Finally the Tigers pitching and hitting were able to play well hand in hand, in clutch scenarios. When the Tigers needed a big pitch, they got it, and vice versa when they needed a big hit.

Game 1 the Tigers were down 1-0 early, but put up 4 between the 4-6th innings to take a lead, and never looked back with Mize being excellent going 7 with only 2 earned.

Not to be outdone however, Tarik Skubal showed exactly why he is the ace of this team. While he did not get the win with Lange blowing his first save of the year in the 9th, Skubal went 7, with a career high 13 Ks, no walks, no runs, and only 2 hits. The Tigers would win it in the 10th 2-1 with a Urshela RBI single, and Holton shutting the door. As far as Skubal he is looking to prove himself this year and is a very early lead for the Cy Young award, leading Pitching WAR(1.1, next closest is 0.7), innings pitched(22.2), tied for CG/SO(1), Ks(26), and second in ERA(0.40) behind Manning who has yet to give up a run this season. This pitching staff has been tremondous so far and has attributed to many of their wins this season.

Now the Tigers get a day off before heading back home for an 8 game homestand against the reeling Minnesota Twins(1-10), and the reigning WS champs, the Texas Rangers(8-4). Hopefully the Tigers can take advantage of Min's early struggles and win that series.

Probable Pitchers are as follows:
Manning, 2-0, 0.00 v Paddack 0-1, 3.46
Olson 0-1, 6.10 v Ryan 0-2, 2.45
Flaherty 0-1, 5.73 v Ober 0-2, 11.42
Mize 2-0, 1.93 v DeSclafani 0-1, 4.63

This could still be a key series come season end as these two teams were figured to be the two that would duke it out for the AL Central Crown, so it is key if the Tigers can jump on the Twins now while they are down and continue to build a lead on them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »