Home

MLB 14: The Show - Little Things Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 14: The Show - Little Things Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-09-2014, 02:45 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 14: The Show - Little Things Thread

Love the "Brett Gardner" calls from the bleachers when I started a Yankees game. I am in awe of this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2014, 05:18 AM   #66
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
Im sure there are some weird injuries that will occur throughout my franchise but last night I was the Yankees playing the Jays and JA Happ took a shot from a ball hit by Brian Roberts into the chest. After the play was over, the announcers mentioned how the ball got him in the chest and is wincing in pain. An injury notification popped up telling me that JA Happ will be taken out of the game for precautionary measures. After I closed the dialog that was on the screen, they showed JA Happ walking off the field with the trainer clutching his chest.

After the game I checked the DL and saw that JA Happ was listed as day to day with some bruised ribs. Good to see that the injury fit the action on the field.
Same thing happened to me.

Colby Rasmus injured his leg (forgot what they said it was). But after closing the dialogue box, he was seen being carried off the field by teammates.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:03 AM   #67
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

OVR: 0

When you hit the ball in the outfield you can hear some fans say "go go go". Or if you're pitching you will hear something like " Come on get out of this inning and keep this lead".
When your pitcher throws the ball to the batter his face looks like he's really throwing it. He holds his breath and his eyes squint.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:21 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

Was playing RTTS and the game went to the 15th inning. The broadcasters said "Because of time length of this game tonight, the episode of 'The Wilkerson's' will not be airing tonight. No "The Wilkerson's' on TV tonight." I thought that was an awesome touch.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:51 PM   #69
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

Back to garish uniforms - I think the comment I got was: 'which bright spark approved these designs?' Or something like that.

On ball physics, the CPU hit a ball off the first base bag and it hit the first baseman, bounced in front of the second baseman who still threw it to the pitcher covering first before the batter got there.

It seemed to happen so slowly I questioned whether the batsman was even moving :P

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2014, 02:18 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 20

Is it just me or are the umps really unimpressive and ultimately borderline silent this time around? Where the hell is my "STRIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE" and "HUIIIIIIIII" and "STRAAAAAAA" and whatnot? Nine times out of ten they don't say anything at all.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:28 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0

Didn't see this mentioned yet...was playing as the Rays last night against Minnesota and Ryan Hanigan came to bat with runners at 2nd & 3rd, heard someone in the background say "C'mon Ryan", thought that was kind of cool, maybe been around before, but this is my first go with The show.

Somebody mentioned it before about the comment on Trevor Plouffe being a place card holder for one of the Twins prospects...pretty cool, but I've also played against the Twins twice now and have heard that in each game...not that big of a deal to me, but if I was playing a season/franchise with the Twins I'd probably bring up one of those prospects ASAP so I didn't have to hear that comment every game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2014, 03:02 PM   #72
Rookie

MiamiWarrior's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't remember if this was in past Show versions, but I was playing with the Phillies against the Braves. The Braves pitcher threw a pitch high and near Dom Brown and he immediately laid down on the ground to avoid the pitch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »