Home

Long time xbox user so glad I invested in the ps4

This is a discussion on Long time xbox user so glad I invested in the ps4 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2014, 02:29 PM   #1
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1
Long time xbox user so glad I invested in the ps4

So I've been stuck with the other baseball game being an xbox guy but this year I get to play the legendary MLB the Show. Can't wait to see all the differences that have been well noted and even better it will be on a PS4. This game is the whole reason I got the PS4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2014, 02:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Long time xbox user so glad I invested in the ps4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
So I've been stuck with the other baseball game being an xbox guy but this year I get to play the legendary MLB the Show. Can't wait to see all the differences that have been well noted and even better it will be on a PS4. This game is the whole reason I got the PS4.
After playing the piece of junk that was MLB 2K, I think you will be surprise of how good is The Show.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080

Amen to this! Being married with two kids there was no way in hell my wife would allow two gaming systems (until the next gens came out) in my house. At times I toyed with the idea of trading the 360 just to get a PS3 and the Show, then I also would look for sales on Craigslist or Ebay for a PS3, but I never pulled the trigger. I'd buy 2K every couple of years regardless of the poor reviews, and while it served its purpose to a point I'd inevitably run into issues that ultimately would turn me off of it.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:15 PM   #4
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeszcz
Amen to this! Being married with two kids there was no way in hell my wife would allow two gaming systems (until the next gens came out) in my house. At times I toyed with the idea of trading the 360 just to get a PS3 and the Show, then I also would look for sales on Craigslist or Ebay for a PS3, but I never pulled the trigger. I'd buy 2K every couple of years regardless of the poor reviews, and while it served its purpose to a point I'd inevitably run into issues that ultimately would turn me off of it.
Same here man, wife, 2 kids and all. Never pulled the trigger on a trade/sell either for the PS from xbox.

This time around grabbed the Ps4; The Show being one of (if not THE) the main reasons I went with the PS4. I'm at work, the game is in my car. Needless to say I'm chomping at the bit to get home and finally own an AMAZING baseball game to play whenever I want.

The time it takes me to get the girls in bed, eat, and crack a beer should be about right on to let the game fully install. Enjoy it gentleman. I know I am. Going to feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2014, 03:26 PM   #5
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

To those of you coming over from the 2k series: Please have a wee bit of patience if at first the game feels odd. I did when I switched 3 years ago. I loved certain aspects of The Show immediately. Other things felt wrong.....at first. You sometimes have to reprogram your mindset and then things fall in line. The Show is a far superior game....but the initial shock of it feeling different from 2k made me almost not like it. I gave it a fair shake and I am never going back (not that I could anyway now!).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2014, 03:45 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg04
This time around grabbed the Ps4; The Show being one of (if not THE) the main reasons I went with the PS4. I'm at work, the game is in my car. Needless to say I'm chomping at the bit to get home and finally own an AMAZING baseball game to play whenever I want.
Seriously, are you in my head?!?? It's like we are living the same life today.

The best part of all of this is that I get to play this with my 8 y/o son. He toyed with the last 2K game I bought on the 360 (I think 2K11, Halladay was on the cover) and he asked me to play from time to time so I would, but I grew to the point where I really disliked it. I would've traded it if it weren't for him. Around opening day he asked if we could get a new baseball game, told him The Show was coming on 5/6 so he and I have been counting down together. Last night when I tucked him in he said "one more night" and then this morning he said "I can't wait until you get home tonight".
Old 05-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #7
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeszcz
Seriously, are you in my head?!?? It's like we are living the same life today.

The best part of all of this is that I get to play this with my 8 y/o son. He toyed with the last 2K game I bought on the 360 (I think 2K11, Halladay was on the cover) and he asked me to play from time to time so I would, but I grew to the point where I really disliked it. I would've traded it if it weren't for him. Around opening day he asked if we could get a new baseball game, told him The Show was coming on 5/6 so he and I have been counting down together. Last night when I tucked him in he said "one more night" and then this morning he said "I can't wait until you get home tonight".
Is this a baseball video game forum or a "bring a tear to the eyes of all dads" forum?

Seriously....sharing baseball and now baseball video games with your kids is one of life's greatest blessings. (don't tell my wife I said that!).
Old 05-06-2014, 05:03 PM   #8
Just started!

I've been a long time Xbox user as well, and The Show is THE reason why I purchased a PS3 (Th Show 12 and 13) and the reason why I purchased a PS4 as well (The Show 14).

Picked up my PS4 copy today, and it's installing. I'm watching the demo as I do other things, and it looks amazing. Aside from the looooooong loading time and looooooong install time (TS 12 and 13 were quicker), it looks like another winner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »