Home

End of season retirements and free agency

This is a discussion on End of season retirements and free agency within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2015, 06:29 PM   #1
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19
End of season retirements and free agency

Ok i just came to the end of my season and went to the retirements well i see a problem that has been there for ever in probably ever sports game every designed that included off season activity.

How can a player or players decide to retire due to a poor free agent market before they even are put into it?

There should be two separate times for retirements. Those that do retire due to injury or whatever AFTER the season and then there should be a second batch of retirements for the players that dont get picked up during the off season before ST Starts.

anyone know anything about this or why this is, maybe one of the guys who in the past maybe have been to the studio and possibly inquired abut this???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2015, 06:42 PM   #2
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: End of season retirements and free agency

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
Ok i just came to the end of my season and went to the retirements well i see a problem that has been there for ever in probably ever sports game every designed that included off season activity.

How can a player or players decide to retire due to a poor free agent market before they even are put into it?

There should be two separate times for retirements. Those that do retire due to injury or whatever AFTER the season and then there should be a second batch of retirements for the players that dont get picked up during the off season before ST Starts.

anyone know anything about this or why this is, maybe one of the guys who in the past maybe have been to the studio and possibly inquired abut this???
This has always been an issue and people have voiced concerns about it. It has something to do with the draft I believe. Hopefully it is something SCEA changes or at least give us an option to try and talk a guy out of retiring. (Hope they someday add the ability to allow players that retire to become coaches/managers)

There is a workaround for this with players already in the FA list. If they sit half a season or more in the FA list they'll retire. If you sign players during spring training or in April-June they won't retire due to poor free agent market.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 01-26-2015 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:06 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: End of season retirements and free agency

I believe the reason it does it is to make room for the drafted players for any given club. This is why I'm hopeful they add additional levels of minor leagues or at least give us the option to release whomever we choose to release to make room for drafted rookies.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »