Home

Choosing a Franchise Team for MLB 14 The Show: AL West

This is a discussion on Choosing a Franchise Team for MLB 14 The Show: AL West within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Choosing a Franchise Team for MLB 14 The Show: AL West

Choosing which team to pick for your franchise in MLB: The Show can be a daunting task. Do you want to rebuild? What about picking a team loaded with cash, but little talent to show for it? What if you just want to pick a team with all of the tools at your disposal, and your only job is to win a World Series? The fact is, there is a variety of great teams to kick off your franchise with, but you only get to choose one. Over the course of the next couple of weeks, we'll be going division by division and team by team to help you make your choice. With our next entry, here's the AL West...

Read More - Choosing a Franchise Team for MLB 14 The Show: AL West
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2014, 01:17 PM   #2
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12
This is definitely the deepest division, every team has it's own strengths depending on what your looking for. Seattle has a great young pitching staff with a great bullpen and you get to hit with Cano, Rangers have Yu and a loaded lineup. Oaklands pitching is filthy just filthy, the Astros are young and have some great prospects and the Angels you get to play with the best player Trout.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #3
MVP

RandallB21's Arena

OVR: 8
"Ballpark: Cisco Field is probably the worst ballpark in baseball. It's a shame that such an excellently run team can't have a halfway decent park to play its games in. D"

O.co is the name of the stadium. I am an A's fan and I would have given it a F grade. Well maybe a D-, at least the field is playable until the Raiders start playing games.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:56 PM   #4
Rookie

jilly55's Arena

OVR: 0
Are there more of these for other divisions?
Old 06-30-2014, 10:23 PM   #5
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Hi jilly, if you look through our list of old features you can find them all archived there. Or, a google search with the same title (just a different division), should work fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2014, 12:11 AM   #6
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22
Felix is King! The M's are a great team to use, only downside is they have two guys making around 30 Mil. So if you plan on signing Heyward or Stanton, you need to lock everyone up early. I have a franchise in 2016 with Felix, Cano, Chris Davis.. Won 104 games. Davis MVP, Felix CY Young.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:55 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
Did one with the Angels, turned them into a dominant franchise. Traded basically everyone except Trout and Bradley, whole new staff. I am entering 2035 or 36 and Bradley is still playing, he broke Ryan's career strikeout record last season and is over 400 career wins. I acquired a Closer early on, year 1 draft i think, or else traded for him, but he holds the record for career saves and is still playing. I think I've won 15 championships, won 3 in a row around years 3-5, a few playoff appearances, and now have just won my 12th title in a row.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:27 PM   #8
Rookie

B Easy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Choosing a Franchise Team for MLB 14 The Show: AL West

Nicely done, Ben. I like the AL West, it's a competitive division throughout. In years past I liked to mash with Josh Hamilton and his Rangers, but in '14 I'm all about the A's. Just love the way they win ball games with underrated talent and hidden gems. They have a great set of uniforms as well.

The Astros also intrigue me. Obviously, they aren't going to compete right away, but there's tons of young talent on the up and up. Jose Altuve is one of the most underrated players IRL. I like Springer, Singleton, Dominguez and Castro as well. They also have some great arms scratching the major league level, like you said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »