Home

Legends of the Show 15...

This is a discussion on Legends of the Show 15... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2014, 02:11 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Legends of the Show 15...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Also to the OP I would go with either Biggio, Bagwell or Oswalt as the guy for the Astros and put Ryan with the Rangers. Also Bonds WON'T be in the game. He wasn't for the latter part of his career. From 2004 until he retired he went by a different name because he did not allow video game companies to his name and likeness. I remember in MVP Baseball 2005 he wasn't even black. He was a white guy named John Dowd. And also Kevin Millar was a black guy named Anthony Friese.

But here are some others.

Mets: toss up between Piazza and Gordon

Yankees: Gehrig

O's: Ripken Jr.

Pirates: Clemente

Cubs: Ernie Banks

Angels: Carew

Twins: Puckett

Dbacks: Johnson, Schilling, Luis Gonzalez

Rays: Boggs

I highly agree with Bagwell for the Astros, Ripken for the O's and Piazza for the Mets.
Bonds was not part of the MLBPA for the latter part of his career which is why he was not in video games.

Barry Bonds IS the current HR king no matter what anyone believes at this point, so.. yeah he is the legend of all legends right now & as great a Mays was he is not that.
Bonds signing for this game would be huge since the Michael Jordan of baseball has been absent from the virtual world for ages.

Plz do not let this start a debate about Bonds.. stay on topic with legends for The Show and express your candidates for 15 and beyond.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:18 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge380
I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like there going to give us Legends from 90s till now.
I hope you're right. The mid 80's and beyond is probably the generation they want to appeal to. Yet, they still need quite a few of the older classics such as Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth, Reggie Jackson, Mantle, etc....

Last edited by ericjwm; 12-17-2014 at 02:22 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:36 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
Legends of the Show 15...

Mays and Bonds are irrefutably two of the greatest players in baseball history. And though it would be a cheat you could always go with Pittsburgh Pirates Bonds or worse Mays on the Mets.

Dodgers: Sandy Koufax
Astros: Nolan Ryan
A's: Ricky Henderson
Rockies: Larry Walker
Padres: Tony Gwynn (RIP)
Mariners: Ken Griffey Jr.
Brewers: Robin Yount

Last edited by Jimmydm90; 12-17-2014 at 04:05 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:29 AM   #20
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Cubs: Ernie Banks or Billy Williams

Old 12-17-2014, 02:03 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjwm
I highly agree with Bagwell for the Astros, Ripken for the O's and Piazza for the Mets.
Bonds was not part of the MLBPA for the latter part of his career which is why he was not in video games.

Barry Bonds IS the current HR king no matter what anyone believes at this point, so.. yeah he is the legend of all legends right now & as great a Mays was he is not that.
Bonds signing for this game would be huge since the Michael Jordan of baseball has been absent from the virtual world for ages.

Plz do not let this start a debate about Bonds.. stay on topic with legends for The Show and express your candidates for 15 and beyond.
Yea I understand about Bonds and that he wasn't in old games. So why would he allow SCEA to use his name and likeness again. I don't think it is going to happen. Also I would PISSED if I got Bonds over a Willy Mays. I don't give a damn if he is the homerun leader or not. Mays was easily one of the greatest players of all time and did not use any drugs to help him play that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2014, 02:45 PM   #22
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjwm
Debating the merits of the choice of one player over another for Giants MLB 15 Show Legend is on topic IMO

Reasons for Mays over Bonds for Giants Legend:

Career WAR for Giants Mays 154.6 - Bonds 112.3
Hits Mays 3187 - Bonds 1951
Homers Mays 646 - Bonds 586
Stolen Bases Mays 336 - Bonds 263
Cooperstown Inductee Mays yes - Bonds no
#44Syracuse
Old 12-17-2014, 02:54 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Mays was easily one of the greatest players of all time and did not use any drugs to help him play that way.

To be fair Mays, Hank Aaron, Pete Rose and many others have admitted to using amphetamines (or greenies), a performance enhancing drug/stimulant. That was illegal without a prescription which players were able to get easily enough. Most of the league was using at that point.

“There were always two pots of coffee brewing in the clubhouse -- one conventional and the other laced with stimulants - former Royals outfielder Brian McRae (Crasnick, 2006).”

Amphetamines weren't banned until 1971, Mays retired in 73 so there was little overlap of it being "technically" cheating by the rules of the MLB. Still ethically it's a gray area. HGH was banned in 2005 and Bonds retired in 2007.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:08 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
To be fair Mays, Hank Aaron, Pete Rose and many others have admitted to using amphetamines (or greenies), a performance enhancing drug/stimulant. That was illegal without a prescription which players were able to get easily enough. Most of the league was using at that point.

“There were always two pots of coffee brewing in the clubhouse -- one conventional and the other laced with stimulants - former Royals outfielder Brian McRae (Crasnick, 2006).”

Amphetamines weren't banned until 1971, Mays retired in 73 so there was little overlap of it being "technically" cheating by the rules of the MLB. Still ethically it's a gray area. HGH was banned in 2005 and Bonds retired in 2007.
OK, fine then the numbers provided by Ghost of the Year prove my point. You can't use Bonds' numbers from Pitt when debating best Giant.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »