Home

Anyone running a 6 man Rotation?

This is a discussion on Anyone running a 6 man Rotation? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2015, 11:19 AM   #1
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Anyone running a 6 man Rotation?

Just curious if any one was doing or have done this and was wondering how they were handling it since there is only 5 spots.

What I am trying is: I have the 5 in rotation and one SP in the LR spot. Then after the game, the last pitcher to pitch moves to the LR spot and the LR spot moves to the last starters spot.

Example: 1- Teheran 2-Wood 3-Miller 4-Stults 5-Minor LR-Martin. So its Miller start. Miller pitches his day, then after the game. Miller goes to the LR spot and Martin takes his place. Stults plays his start, then after that game, Stults goes to LR and Miller goes to his spot and so on.

Im trying this because it seems through April and now half way in to May, my starters are strarting games with 85 to 90% energy.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2015, 01:36 PM   #2
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Anyone running a 6 man Rotation?

I have actually gone the other way and did a 4 man rotation as I had so many injuries to my starting rotation. One was out for the season during spring training, another one tore his shoulder (out for year) and another had a fractured leg and was out for 3-4 months I believe. I did not have any depth in the minors and my prospects where not ready so it was super tough. Starters threw no more than 75 pitches and I had 3 long relief pitchers on staff to help with this.

It was a nightmare. Was at 50-71 when one my guys came back.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:52 PM   #3
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Yeah I do a 6 pitcher rotation. My "6th" spot is just one of the LRP spots. Every time it gets to his turn in the rotation, I just shuffle the other 5 around so that they'll be lined up properly when their turn comes.

I probably will go down to a 5 pitcher next (virtual) season, using a LRP as a spot starter occasionally when the rotation could use a break. That's what I normally do, I just have such incredible depth in SP that it seemed ridiculous not to go with a 6 pitcher rotation. I'm the guy who abused the trade system in MLB 14

In case your curious, in no particular order: Harvey, Bumgarner, Tanaka, Zimmerman, Teheran, Hutchison.

Believe it or not, Hutch is pitching the best, and Bumgarner is the "6th" pitcher.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:08 PM   #4
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Yeah I do a 6 pitcher rotation. My "6th" spot is just one of the LRP spots. Every time it gets to his turn in the rotation, I just shuffle the other 5 around so that they'll be lined up properly when their turn comes.

I probably will go down to a 5 pitcher next (virtual) season, using a LRP as a spot starter occasionally when the rotation could use a break. That's what I normally do, I just have such incredible depth in SP that it seemed ridiculous not to go with a 6 pitcher rotation. I'm the guy who abused the trade system in MLB 14

In case your curious, in no particular order: Harvey, Bumgarner, Tanaka, Zimmerman, Teheran, Hutchison.

Believe it or not, Hutch is pitching the best, and Bumgarner is the "6th" pitcher.
So you leave the rotation alone until it gets to the 6th start, and then just move him LR to the start position and slide everyone down one?

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 12-06-2015, 03:19 PM   #5
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Nope I just slide everyone down and start him from the LR position. If you keep pressing down on the pitcher select screen before a game you get the option to start someone from the pen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2015, 07:37 AM   #6
Just started!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »